Thread: Unable to use Drop D tuning in Rocksmith

Unable to use Drop D tuning in Rocksmith

I have installed Rocksmith game on the computer of mine. in this particular game I have found an issue with the Drop D tuning. When the tuner is saying that the guitar is supposed to tune. Whenever I am trying to play the song I supposed to hit the wrong notes. Also tried with tuner with harmonics and make the setting into tone knobs but I was failing to get the desire results. Let me know if you are having any idea on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to use Drop D tuning in Rocksmith

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you that it is the biggest issue with the Drop D tuning and it supposed to be heavy on the string. You will lose the string quite into the game. Due to this particular issue the tune is supposed to bend between the fretting the frets. You have to get the idea about the softer touch and fret with the finger right at the fret. You will take little bit time to get adjusted of it.

Well the tuner in the game is not good as far as I know. I have tried to do tune with the game tuner and after that you have to quickly retune correctly once the song is getting started. This is the only thing worked for me.

Right now I am having PRS Custom 24 and tremolo bridge. All the strings are getting sharp in the game. also I am making use of the clip on Korg tuner.
    There are lots of people I have found who are complaining that the game tuner is not correct at all. They are using their own tuner in the game. also there is another thing which I wanted to discuss over here. I have found an issue with the size of the string and it seems to be quite big in the game.
    Mainly when you are supposed to play in Drop D you will need to use the .010 strings with low E string with 0.046.

When I am hitting with 3rd fret at the beginning and I am not able to get the sound until and unless I have hit the second fret. Also I am getting trouble detecting until and unless I am pluck hard in the game.
    Hence I am wondering that the softer the Caldaar will make the thing for us. Normally the thing working properly if the I supposed tighten as well as loosen the D tuner in the game.

If you are supposed to fret in middle between of the frets and you might push the string quite down and you have to bend the same at the same time. If you are having fret in the middle between of the frets you are having the ability to push the string at the pitch. The standard tuning is supposed to affected. However the loose string into the tone can be affected by bend. You should also put the enough amount of the pressure on string in order to touch the fret so that you will be able to get the clean sound. I have also SeattleSauve stated when tuning is supposed to drop the pitch to bit below note and then you are supposed to tune up.

In case you are making lots of pressure then it would completely block the sound and it will bend the tune also. You have to take care of the thing that you are not muting in front or top at the time of pickup.

I had the same problem on the low E. I was pressing on the string too hard and bending it. You are probably bending the string slightly when you press on it. Try pressing more lightly and straight down. Make sure your thumb is behind the middle of the neck so you can reach the 6th string to press it straight down. BTW, I was pressing on the 3rd fret and it pointed me to the second. When I pressed on the 5th, it pointed me to the 4th fret. Now I press on it as light as I can and have had few problems with it since. It's especially a problem because of how lenient the game is with the tuning, you can be around +5 sharp and still pass the tuning. So it's probably your technique.