Thread: requirement of ports in trine 2

requirement of ports in trine 2

i was playing the game recently wit a single player mode. later after , i also wanted my friend to engage in it selected multipalyer mode, but i didn't had enough knowledge of the use of ports in the multiplayer mode in Trine 2. I am able to join, but unable to host games at the instance. I really require the ports which in currently in use.

Re: requirement of ports in trine 2

i also liked the game in real sense , as i am playing in mntiplayer game mode and i am able the game to host. this is an easy case indeed and as i consider, there is no need for enabling of what you are saying. i can only see taht my router uses the port and it disables when there is no need.

as you told about the ports there are games which support multiple ports, but i can say here that you require Steam ports as teh game mode uses it.

thanks for the reply. but i am having another problem with the router part. as i am confused about which ports do i require for the opening of the router or firewall for Steam.
    when you came to know about the ports with which your game is supporting, most of the users tend to ask for which ports do they require to open router or firewall for Steam. so the expected answer for this could be to that your network must be configured to permit Steam access to the following ports

Steam Client

inclusive UDP 27000 to 27015 used for Game client traffic
    inclusive UDP 27015 to 27030 used specially fort typically Matchmaking and HLTV
    inclusive TCP 27014 to 27050 . stands for Steam downloading.
    UDP 4380

i think here ,Trine 2’s Mac version and PC version are released but consoles will have to wait just a little bit more. The PC versions will make use of Steam works first but Frozenbyte will be releasing a DRM-free version in later time.