Thread: Getting black borders on the screen by using HDMI plug while playing Trine 2

Getting black borders on the screen by using HDMI plug while playing Trine 2

Recently I have purchased and installed Trine 2 on the computer of mine. as I am trying to use the HDMI plug with the 24’screen with the resolution of 1920 x 1080. I am getting black borders and it images are getting underscaled though it is overscaled. Let me know if you are aware of any useful suggestion resolve the issue which I have stated over here.

Re: Getting black borders on the screen by using HDMI plug while playing Trine 2

Looking at the situation you have to answer following questions.
    Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? which version of the graphic card drivers installed? Let me know if you are having any other information to get the root cause of the problem.

Re: Getting black borders on the screen by using HDMI plug while playing Trine 2

I am suggesting following steps which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You should launch Catalyst and go for drop down graphic and choose the Desktop & Displays.
    • After that you have to right click on small screen at bottom and click on configure.
    • Now you have to enable the GPU scaling and click on the Scaling Options and you have to underscan to 0%.
    • Once you have to done you have to click on Apply.

Well I think you have to play with FPS as well as refresh rate in the game.
    1. You have to go for the options.txt into Steamsteamappscommontrineconfig.
    2. Now you have to launch the options.txt and look for Display section.
    3. You have to add the refresh_rate_override = 60 which is available at the bottom of the Display section and see what results do you getting.

Do you have tried with disabling the Catalyst Control Center? If you have not done the same then you should disable Catalyst Control Center.

In case the game is running into the HDTV in Windowed mode then it supposed to be the solution. Well I am suggesting that you should disable the Fullscreen from the launcher settings of the game. now you have to set the desired resolution. Once you have done the same the game will automatically will get launch into the maximize window mode. This will feel the entire screen. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

After looking on the matter you will need to install the latest version of the graphic card driver on the computer. after installing the latest version of the drivers you have to restart the computer.

I have noticed many people who are suffering from the above mentioned issue. However I am suggesting a universal solution that is you should redownload as well as reinstall the game on the computer. once you have completed with the reinstallation you will need to reboot the system.

Well I think you need to contact the technical support team to get the further assistance on this particular matter. I am hoping that they will help you out to fix the matter of yours.

Hey guys, none of the solutions worked so here's one that I found that worked for me, just 3 easy steps:

-go into steam/steamapps/common/trine/config
    -in the **options** file, find the line maximize_window = 0 and set to 1
    -boot trine and in the *advanced settings* untick "Fullscreen"
    Start the game!

This will boot the game fullscreen without borders for some weird reason. At least it did for me. I hate windowed mode and I hate black borders, so I feel everyone's frustration!

Note: I did not tamper with the CCC overscan slider, I didn't do anything with my refresh rate or alter my resolution (still 1920x1080@60Hz), nor did I force V_Sync in CCC.

Can't believe how easy this was. I wouldda stop playing the game if I couldn't get it fullscreen properly.