Thread: Juddery movement in Trine 2 due to poor FPS

Juddery movement in Trine 2 due to poor FPS

Well I am getting juddery movement of the characters while playing the single player mode of Trine 2. I know that the above mentioned issue is happening because of the poor frame rate. Let me know why he above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine. if you are suffering from the same issue then let me know about. Also if you are having any solution then tell me about the same.

Re: Juddery movement in Trine 2 due to poor FPS

Looking at the situation I am asking following question which you should answer.
    Which Operating system do you have installed?
    What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
    Do you have installed all the drivers?
    Let me know if you are having any other information which will help me out to get the root cause of the problem.

After going through the issue I am suggesting that you should move to %APPDATA%/Trine2/options.txt file location.

Now you have to change the setOption(renderingModule, "ReduceInputLag", false) line to setOption(renderingModule, "ReduceInputLag", true).

Now you have to save the Option.txt file and right click on the same and you have make it Read-Only so that you can prevent the changes on the system.

In order to fix the issue I recommend that you should lower down the SSAA from the options and set the same for the lowest possible settings and see whether it is working or not.

I am suggesting following solutions which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to launch the Console of the game and you have to run ‘ render_half_resolution 1’ command.
    • Second thing which you can do is disable the vsync from the game.
    • Finally you have to enable the force triple buffering on the computer.

If you are not able to solve the issue then I you should use following steps.
    • You should launch the Task Manager on the computer and go for Processes and you have to choose the exe file of the game.
    • Now you have to set the priority above normal or higher.
    • You have to do the same each and every time in the game.

There are chances that the back ground process might be interfering with the game and so I recommend that you should clean boot your computer and see whether it is working or not.

Let me know whether you have installed latest version of DirectX a and graphic card drivers on the system. If you have not done the same then I am suggesting that you should visit the official site and download as well as install the software on the computer.

Do you have reinstalled the game on the computer? if you have not done the same than I am suggesting should reinstall the game and reboot the computer after reinstalling the game.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is bug issue with the game and I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. They will get into the code of the game and they will release the patch which you can download and install the same on the computer of yours.