Thread: demand for high graphics card for trine 2

demand for high graphics card for trine 2

i am with the trine 2 game in my ordinary gaming settings and there was a best gaming experience i had, but it plays very well except for the fact that the AA set to almost the highest and in addition to this i am experiencing heat for my card and there was no other game which heated up till this level. are you able to get some reasons for why is this occurring. suggest some means so that i can get it cool.

Re: demand for high graphics card for trine 2

hi guys, here i can say that the heat which your graphics card is of normal one and you need to crank up your fan speed, and make a fan profile. according to me you should set your fan speed till 80 % at the time when you receive 75 c temp. there are no configurations on the usage as it is capable of running at 70- 75c and it is designed to suite till this temp.

in the case mentioned where you have problems with AA demanding in this game , i can say that edition of the config file to make it use 12x SSAA or even 16x SSAA can work in your case. in addition , you require 3GB SLI cards i suppose.

the heating problem is causing due to the over use of the computer. just check whether the computer was on with more time playing certain games on it. so if there is excessive playing games there is a but obvious possibility of heating of the graphics card. or if you want to continue playing, just increase the speed of the fan and if possible insert one more fan for extra cooling. the other solution which works in this case could be by enabling vertical sync in the Trine 2 launcher so that you are able to limit the frame rates, and as a result cool down the GPU.

it depends on the card which you are using. by the way if you specify the graphics card with which you are using i can suggest some means for sorting out the issue. what card you are using by the way?

i am using the GTX 460, which is non OC, and it heats more than the expected. the card was used for one year. is there any problems on its duration. should i replace it or continue.

i think that if you are making use of the GTX 460 then it appears normal, but i want to say that these cards are designed in order to that they don't run negative and normally run hot, these cards are designed to run high fan speeds at high temps for long periods of times and there is nothing to worry about really. and the possible thing for you to do is by improving the airflow of your case, adding more fans. and to keep it cool liquid cooling will help in this matter.

i think there is a hardware error associated with your card. just check the warranty period of your card if it gets hot in a normal span of time. and have a replace of it , or increase the cooling of system internally by adding extra fan. you should also have a check over the display options.