Thread: Saved data is lost in trine 2.

Saved data is lost in trine 2.

it was great playing all the levels as now was on the last level and there was much excitement on completion of game but i was not able to continue with the last played level.the game is crashing when i enter the gate. this means that i want to play from the second level to reach again till the last. this is irritating. as i saved my game on level 9. why is this so. i am ready to play from the beginning but again if it occurs same , i will not e able to play till the end. please suggest what to do in such situation.

Re: Saved data is lost in trine 2.

i can understand in what situation you are. i also played the game but the starting level games are really pain for me as there is no different thing in it. i suppose that it could be a bug of sorts on the Mac. if you are able to post the screen shot i will be able to look further.

i know it will be difficult as well as irritating to re play the game, but you don't have another option for it. in addition to this, you can join a multilayer game that has advanced to that level and if you play the game in multi player mode with a co-op partner , it will rather finish earlier and keep in mind to save the game of that level. you will face some more difficulty if you are already doing that and the crash has appeared .

OK the problem generally occurs when you didn't made a proper installation of the game, so here first try to re install the game and see to it that whether it saves or not. after making sure of the fact that the game is saved, later have a retrieval of that level, and you will come top know about the proper installing of the game. also the other reason could be by saving of the file has got overwritten accidentally.

all the saved files of your game are saved in the c drive of the game folder. in the trine game folder you will find the files, and see to it that you come across the file of the last game played. if it is present , there can be no problems at all, but if it is not present then, there is overwriting of the file. the best way when you save the game after completion of each level is not by naming with your name or any other thing but by the level you completed. usually there are more files on the system, when you name with your name or pet name and mess with the levels you played. also you tend to forget the name of the file on which your last game was saved. so take this in consideration.

as you previously told to select the multilayer, i did it accordingly and found that i was "Unable to join due to incompatible game versions." and there didn't seemed some message for save files.

i think you should be getting these messages after the problem appeared and i think you should try by joining the multiplayer mode and then get the messages, and afterward start it up the next day and see that saves were working fine. i made a installation of another file and came to know that there were some settings gone missing in the previous version.