Thread: Not able to run trine 2 beta properly on Linux (wine)

Not able to run trine 2 beta properly on Linux (wine)

I am trying to play trine 2 beta on 64-bit Gentoo Linux with wine 1.3.21 and the problem that I am facing is that when I am launching the game then after some logo of the games passes then I get zoya and "Click here to start". As far as I am aware the zoya should be react to the keyboard but then when I am clicking on the any key then the cursor gets directed to the center of the screen and starts flickering. The only that I have found zoya reacting is left and right mouse clicks but then she does not react to the mouse moves. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to run trine 2 beta properly on Linux (wine)

Even I am facing similar problems and it is that when I am pressing the esc key then I am getting a menu where I see a no of options with the cursor keys and all but then when I am trying to use any key then it is not responding and it does not respond to the mouse click as well and I am not able to activate any of the settings in that way and I have to switch to another window with Alt-Tab in order to stop the game and but I have found that I am able to choose the characters with the no keys. Is this problem only with me or this is some kind of technical issue. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Even I am playing similar problems and it is that when I am pressing the esc key then I am getting a menu where I see a no of options with the cursor keys and all but then when I am trying to use any key then it is not responding and it does not respond to the mouse click as well and I am not able to activate any of the settings in that way and I have to switch to another window with Alt-Tab in order to stop the game and but I have found that I am able to choose the characters with the no keys. Is this problem only with me or this is some kind of technical issue. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    Even I was having some same kind of problem and my case was that the mouse cursor used to get stuck at the bottom right and at that time the mouse was not responding to the motion but then the right and the left click was working properly and after a lot of workaround I finally got a effective one which worked out for me. The workaround was to edit the registry, I mean there was a need to create a key called "DirectInput" with string value "MouseWarpOverride" and value "disable" and this new key should be saved in HKCU/Software/Wine. I had done the same for mac but then I am not sure whether it will work for linux(wine) or not, if you want then you cam just give it a try and see if it is helping you all out as well.

I am using Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit using Wine 1.3.31 and I am also having window managers compiz which is in unity and the mutter which is in GNOME Shell where as the ecomorph is in E17 and I have been trying to find out a effective solution for the same but then the problem still exist and the mouse cursor is still seating at the bottom right corner. By now I have tried the below things to solve it out but then none if them worked out for me:
    Ran the game with MouseWarpOverride set to disable.
    Installed dinput8 and xinput with winetricks.
    I have also compiled Wine with the raw3 input patch.
    Is there any other solution that I can try out to solve this problem. Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that I can help you out here, just enter the below command in the terminal in order to delete the options.txt file of trine 2
    rm –r Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Trine2\ options.txt file
    Deleting this file will basically erase the graphic setting and then you can set the options manually when you start the game again. Just check it out and then let me know if it helps or not.

Even I have a solution for you enter the below command:
    setOption(inputModule, "UseOSPointerBallistics", false)
    This will solve the problem, if you still have issue with the controls then let me know.

Hey thanks for sharing this with me setOption(inputModule, "UseOSPointerBallistics", false), it has just solved the problem, I have not tried deleting the options.txt file as I had tried this solution first but then I am happy that I have finally solved the problem. Thanks to you once again.