Thread: Seeing Scan Lines on GeForce GTX 560 while playing Saints Row: The Third

Seeing Scan Lines on GeForce GTX 560 while playing Saints Row: The Third

hi guy recently I have bought this a new gaming computer which had the greater specs and nice features that including the GeForce GTX 506 graphic card . the whole thing works was great apart from that whenever I was trying to play the game the screen showing the horizontal scan lines that go upright. This just happens when I was playing the high end game like Saints Row: The Third So at the moment, I can use this computer for browsing the internet , seeing picture , watching a movie and playing a low end games which work perfectly no I am really annoyed I only have Saints Row: The Third game on my computer so can’t tell what exactly the problem but I am thinking that graphic care is not supporting the game can anyone give me the correct assistance on this I would be really glad to know this proper If anyone having more experience than me might tell me what I require to do let me know if anything else you want to know about my rig

Re: Seeing Scan Lines on GeForce GTX 560 while playing Saints Row: The Third

Hey that really sad to know what I can suggest is thi might be because of the GUP driver might got corrected or may be out dated so I will recommend that you should first get the latest updates for the card and this try to play the game I believe that this will solve all the issue

Even I am facing the same problem with the same graphic card and game in fact I have used another graphics cards, another cables, another monitors, updated drivers, and other graphical settings, and nothing was worked beyond producing the scan lines a bit less noticeable. decided, I just tried one alternate of all, however it look like improbable or quite unsuccessful that nothing of these technique would assist to get rid of this . I believe I then return the card and expect a fresh one work out the problem? However I could able to play the game with no complexity .

Hey I like to ask that is the screen you have using is new or else you have bought the second hand by some old build? And also I would like to know which graphics card do you using? Plus is your graphics card set to output at the similar frequency with your monitor which I this must be 60 Hz

Thanks for the reply this is the new build which I just bought so the monitor is brand new and I am using the GeForce GTX 560 and I am not of the computer geek so I don’t know how to check the output frequency how could I be able to know that can you tell me

There might be few things that may cause this problem like I was guess this might cause because of the cable or connector is at fault . but I am not sure about this can you tell me what is it showing on the temperature during playing the gaming and foremost this you should do is to update to the latest version , do your drivers updates ?

By the look of it I am guessing this would be the screen tearing this happen because of the it non-matching refresh rates, or else simply short of sync among the two just Enabling the vsync option will get rid of the trouble please report back what did you notice does this problem is solve or not

I see two possibility of this one is cable that is used or screen tearing but to be frank it more often look like the screen tearing which make the Horizontal lines moving upright as mention above the solution is that you should just enable vertical sync to make out if that repair the problem. If so, afterward you familiar with problem the just do the display tearing as well as transform your in-game settings. Hope this will help you

Hey I have the same problem and found out that was using a VGA cable on the DVI adapter for my graphics card. I don’t know , but it was something I never actually consider this never used an genuine DVI cable. while I inspected it with the another cable on a different monitor, it is giving me the a better signal and give a better picture in those high end gaming currently . I'm not certain if my VGA cable is since it nearly increase my GPU handling however I look as if this is worth a shot to try as I've get rid of every other option . the only solution is transform from a VGA to a DVI connection. You just check if you have the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    I see two possibility of this one is cable that is used or screen tearing but to be frank it more often look like the screen tearing which make the Horizontal lines moving upright as mention above the solution is that you should just enable vertical sync to make out if that repair the problem. If so, afterward you familiar with problem the just do the display tearing as well as transform your in-game settings. Hope this will help you
    Yeah I this he right the cable must be the problem I don’t think this would be the screen tearing as and also the temp of the GPU might be the reason jus check if it getting any hot while you playing the came but majorly I feels this is a cable problem what cable do you use can you tells

My graphic Card absolutely gets hotter and I can hear the fans go quicker. Amy be it will be the fans vibrate the GPUs to a great deal? But I don’t know how to take the temperature so I first understand how to examine temps and report back. By the way I at the moment have the default cable that came with my build . As of presently it's a VGA cable through a DVI adapter also came with on the computer end.

dinosz1000 Guest

I had the same problem when i got my new Asus GTX 560 TI TOP. When i was playing games, i would get transparent horizontal lines going up and down, which were visible in the dark areas and shadows. They weren't very noticeable but could get annoying after some while. It was only while playing games and not while watching movies or in windows. I solved this by replacing my VGA cable with a DVI-D cable. It has something to do with the analog signal. Now i don't get any lines in games.