Thread: I am not able to do hotkey dual wield weapons in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

I am not able to do hotkey dual wield weapons in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

I am playing this game on PC and yesterday while playing I faced some difficulty with the weapon switching. So I need help of you guys. So my issue is I can't hotkey a weapon in favor of my main hand and a weapon in favor of my off hand, it not at all works. It presently keeps switching out my main hand. I am not getting why it is like this. Do you guys know anything about it?

Re: I am not able to do hotkey dual wield weapons in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

I originate this on the way to work (on the 360) presently have your two weapons equipped, and assign the additional spell/weapon as a favorite. Clicking the favorite button will equip the favorite spell/weapon, clicking it once more will re-equip the additional dual wielded weapons you were with.

Re: I am not able to do hotkey dual wield weapons in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

For the reason that the game's UI is bad and this is one of the lot of issues. If you have two weapons of the similar name, you are able to presently hit your hotkey button twice and it will equip mutually. On the other hand, if they have different names or still the same name however enchanted/improved, you have to manually use the item or favorites menu to select it. I tried DWing for a bit, however went back to Sword and Board subsequent to a while since having to continually stop the action to make use of the menu to equip both weapons actually hurt the pace of the gameplay.

In a 5 minute battle in the company of a room full of enemies, I ended up having on the way to hit up the menu presently to switch weapons almost a dozen times (among having to heal, switch to a number of spells (I'm a battle mage type), switch to a Sword and Shield), the entire of which are correctly hotkeyed, however every time I wanted to go back toward my main 2 weapons, I'd have to pause the action. In so far as I respect Bethesda and the quality of their content, stuff similar to this is presently an awful oversight and not at all is supposed to have made it into the game's release version.

I created an Autoit script as a work-around to this problem.
    Read through the comment in the code to figure out how it works.
    Basically it presses "Q" to bring up your favorites, then right clicks to select your left hand weapon and put it in your left hand, then clicks Q again to exit
    your favorites menu. The script waits for the "F1" key to be pressed to execute that. So just bind your F1 key to a key on your gaming mouse or keyboard or gamepad. Or if your good with autoit, lookup the keycodes and set it to w/e key you want, in the code. Cheers and enjoy! I already am!

Now that i think about it.. if you have a razer or other type of gaming keyboard/mouse/gamepad (logitech G13 gamepad in my case ) you could actually write/record a macro to do this as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by venture; 19-12-2011 at 10:30 AM.