Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not worth for Left Handed

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not worth for Left Handed

I am staring this thread to make all people know that this game is pretty much unplayable for them due to the lack of key-binding availability. As a lefty myself I would like to know from those lefty's who have experience the game, whether I should not bother purchasing Skyrim. I cannot afford and am not will to fork out money for a console controller adaptation.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not worth for Left Handed

This is very correct. It's not really made for PC users in general, and it's worse for southpaws. Try again in 6 months.

I am actually upset that the mouse doesn't use windows mouse. Mine is set to left handed in windows and in the game I have to use the left button (my middle finger) to select things instead of how I normally do it (Right button index finger). Sure I can remap ingame mouse clicks to left and right hand. (Oddly the game came installed default with the left button swinging the right hand and the right button swinging the left hand) But I would like to be able to select things in the menu using the right button. This is small but important to me.

You will not have problem with that if you are playing that on xbox but you will surely get problem with the PC version.

I am not able to remap keys to the numpad actually pisses me off. I am using 8, 4, 6, and 2 to move, 0 to jump, 5 to 'use' things. This is very disappointing from Bethesda and when I try remapping it simply says that key is reserved. Why can't i change the reserved function so i can move my character using mu right hand on the numpad.

Hey, I don’t believe this as I am also left handed. I have no problems at all. What helps is, binding your movement keys to arrows on the key pad. Then your left hand can easily cover the rest of the keyboard.

They are actually very comfortable to utilize (speaking as a right handed user). Not sure how it performs in Skyrim, but should be acceptable, even for a left-handed user. May take some time to be used to but then you will find that the same is true of keyboard and mouse. If I were in this sort of predicament, where it actually began to interfere with my gaming habits, then I'd see if I could train myself into being ambidextrous.

I am left handed as well; I have no problems playing this game? Because 15 years ago when I first got into computers, I decided that life will be much easier if I learned to use the mouse with my right hand and keyboard with my left. It's a right handed world my fellow southpaws, improvise, overcome, and adapt.

I can be pointing and terminating at a foe and after that my steed will charge betwixt us to trample the chap and take a bolt in the butt. The steed will then attempt to execute me, compelling me to completion it off. In the event that I leave the battle to the steed, it will regularly kick the bucket too.

I would move along at a comfortable pace to be utilized to but then you will recognize that the same is correct of console and rodent. In the event that I were in this sort of dilemma, where it in reality started to meddle with my gaming propensities