Thread: Best method to earn coin in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Best method to earn coin in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

In my case, I seem to always be low on gold. The most I have had at one time was 956. I need to buy a horse and a house. So what’s the best way to get some gold? I will glad to have some reply from you people.

Re: Best method to earn coin in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I have been doing bounties for Whiterun and it's made me around 7k gold, most of which I used for housing. The actual pay for the bounties is minimal but you stand to come away with a lot of gold in loot.

I was heading from Bleak Falls Barrow to Riverwood following the river. I jumped in and to my wonder I discovered I could catch fish. So I played with that for a bit and came across the merchant in a little camp, all by her Redguard self. I walked to her and she made some rude comment as I activated talk. I saw her wares were nothing special and retracted my conversation. She turned from me and walked to her fire, muttering how cheap I was. Now understand I used the Crusader Armor in Oblivion, so I became accustom to not raining my wrath down upon NPC's. Suddenly I realized we were alone, and the gods were not watching, nor did they care. She was so weak, that the first swing of my Ancient Nord Greatsword triggered a fatality animation. My blade slid into her gut, lifting her from the ground and casting her to the earth. And then I learned something. If I kill a lone merchant like her, her entire shop inventory and shop gold are mine to take, and are not marked as stolen. I was so over-encumbered it was hilarious, and I had like 2-3 miles until Riverwood. I then spent 7 minutes walking (very slowly) back to town. I gave the guy the claw then sold him her entire stock until he ran out of money.

I earned 1500 from the first dungeon alone. Investigate everything and pick up everything you can. Other than this shields and weapons sell very well. You will not need to keep everything. This should be done as a special onetime only secret moneymaking strategy, look for apparel like robes and stuff. Fabric has a very low weight but really high value sometimes.

I have been playing for a week and can say it’s easily looting. Grab a companion so he can carry some stuff, this is funny; I already bought a house in Whiterun and have 5000 gold. I was doing a quest and dude said I don’t look like I have much $. Yeah, he was wrong. :lol: I like the mages' robes, they weigh 1 yet sell very well.

My suggestion to you is to go through any dungeon you find and try to loot everything you can and just pray that you can carry all of it after that sell the loot at shops and you should have a couple thousand gold in no time at all.

I really do not care about the gold at all because I already have over 2000.

I need to utilize the alternate catch (my center finger) to select things rather than how I typically do it (Right bind pointer). Without a doubt I would be able to remap ingame rodent clicks to alternate and right hand.

My sharpened steel slid into her gut, lifting her from the beginning throwing her to the earth. Then afterward I studied something. In the event that I murder a solitary shipper similar to her whole shop stock and shop gold are mine to take, and are not stamped as stolen. I was so over-hindered it was silly, and I had prefer 2-3 miles until Riverwood.