Thread: Lag in Counter Strike 1.6 due to ATI GPU

Lag in Counter Strike 1.6 due to ATI GPU

Just got a radeon 5850 for my latest computer. While the machine and graphics card are unbelievable, I(and many others) have observed a giant problem with CS 1.6. Whenever somebody uses their flashlight, or I run from first to last smoke, otherwise an HE grenade goes off(even if it isn't noticeable on my monitor) there is a extremely noticeable visual "choppiness" that happens. My FPS remains locked at 100 for all time (PC itself is monster) though the choppiness is quite factual and somewhat frustrating.
    Specs are as follows:
    • Windows 7 x64 pro
    • AMD phenom II x3 740, 3.6ghz
    • ATI HD 5850
    • 4GB 1600mhz ram
    • 750GB black HDD

Re: Lag in Counter Strike 1.6 due to ATI GPU

That happened to a friend, the problem was the graphics card, ram and motherboard.
    The PB does not accept two different memories, if (my friend) had ddr and sdram memory (the graphics card). Advised to change the graphics card to the store and picked up a DDR memory, and it goes from PM.

The beta is out but there are hardware compatibility issues, then "we will have to slow the beta and fix this before going on". "At the end of this, everyone will be able to play at some point we'll say. "OK, we'll release it." Faliszek said CS: GO was based on the version of Portal 2 Source, and requires DirectX 9 only.

While programs such as ICQ, IRC, and take your connection firewalls and even lead to massive connection problems, other programs to bring HL "bang" and loss of performance, such as MP3 players, virus scanners, reminder, .. These are the tools, the CPU load and memory occupy. So disable all that "unnecessary" and hears no mp3s. Sometimes, however, were also broken in current tools refresh (60hz bug) to the ground. Here only helps restore values can be reset by the program and manually change (see also 60 hz bug).

Direct 3D is often chosen because each has mastered the 3D graphics card, but just this "easing" is often ne wrong choice, since most tasks are taken over by the computer, not by the graphics card. Each generation of 3D accelerators TNT2 + is optimized for OpenGL. OpenGL is a driver that is very hardware-heavy and rather calls for the graphics card.

In the driver itself can also insert error, if possible, should be disabled V-Sync! Special filters and high color depth also affect the performance! Anti-aliasing and filtering Antisophische should also be made.

If this is all achieved no success I recommend CPU-Z, GPU-Z and CPUID HWMonitor to download to start (as administrator) and the way to run when you play CS1.6. However, you should start in windowed mode CS and at the eighth lag if you should be sure there are changes in the image of the three programs (frequency changes, drastic increase in temperature, etc.). So you can rule out a hardware problem.

If the problem is still there to be an option for CS1.6 and are definitely not in the hardware.

3D profiles for specific games bring only minor and usually play only on newer titles a performance enhancement, as far as I know most of them with the default driver settings

Your configuration should be sufficient if you can optimize the resources of your computer. Personally I play for a long time DC: S and I had the opportunity to test a lot of hardware limitations. I have some details with respect to system requirements:
    • The type SDRAM RAM is not fast enough to stay above 25 fps (the minimum to play).
    • The DVD player is not necessary
    • I advise you to provide at least 3 GB hard drive.
    • For similar prices, the ATI graphics cards are much better than Nvidia optimized for Valve games.
    • To limit configurations are looking for cfg type "fps booster" and remember to close your programs useless.
    • For internet if you have a good level to CS: S try to have at least one of the Mega.

Counter-Strike 1.6 comes with new effects, therefore, like the rain and light fog on the ground "de_aztec" or shadows under the player models. The old HL engine is so in spite of slight modifications to their limits, as it seems. So it is just to "de_aztec" to a drop in the FPS (frames per second). The graphics seem choppy to swim and even in some.

I believe you are right. Cause a few days before i assembled 20 computers through HD5450 and HD5750. Each and every one of them lag into cs. I think there have got to be various driver trouble by OpenGL. My client make use of every one of pcs for lan gaming and this is annoying.