Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: what exactly Warrior forced to use magic or bows?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: what exactly Warrior forced to use magic or bows?

From what I understand, dragons land once when they take enough damage but in order to get one to land you need to use ranged attacks, right? I was worried how this will affect my role-playing warrior who won't use bows or magic. Will I be forced out of role-play in order to get a dragon to land? Thanks for any information in advance.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: what exactly Warrior forced to use magic or bows?

Most of the gamers are using magic as warriors. The spells that you should look at should be Close Wounds, most warriors like it. After that you can also use Candlelight and Magelight which is an useful non-combat. You can use Conjure dremora lord/atronachs for your magica. Also try to use bound bows that reduces weight of a bow and also comes with its own arrows.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: what exactly Warrior forced to use magic or bows?

How do jump attacks work? I am pretty sure in Oblivion you needed to be an apprentice or journeyman in acrobatics to swing a blade in the mid-air, but they got rid of that skill I believe. Maybe you should try to wait for a swooping dragon attack, dodge/jump and slash at his underbelly. This sounds pretty epic compared to shooting some arrows at it.

If you want to have ranged attack, you must either use the bow or magic. If you don't want to use even the bow, then you run away. How else are you going to kill a flying creature without archery or any form of ranged attack? You want them to politely land so that you can hit them? Asking for monsters to purposely fly down so that you can hit them is even more unrealistic. Just take the archery skill and go with it.

Yes, you can slash at a dragon when it swoops down, I believe it was shown in the trailer or demo? Not sure, but I would say its basically confirmed. The dragon likely won't just fly up there in the sky and shout at you, it wants to kill you fast, and it has big, nasty claws to help itself with that.