Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not using multiple cores

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not using multiple cores

I was wondering that if anyone else was getting very low fps. i removed v sync and my frames will go to 80 then 50 40 etc. is there a console command to enable multi core? I am making use of a phenom x6 OC to 4ghz and a gtx480. I have even tried putting everything on low etc and still no change. I will appreciate any of helpful suggestion over here.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not using multiple cores

If they are only allowing it to use one core, that's patently absurd. I hope that this is not the case.

I really think it is only using one core my cpu temps dont budge running this game. there must be a console command for this to get them all running, also might I add that under the render info file. When I opened with notepad it says my hardware thread count is 4 which is not true as I am using a x6.

If you want to check that then you can check that in your task manager you know. It will have charts for each core. Just press ctrl-alt-delete, open task manager, select 'always on top' in the options and start the game in windowed mode. I am also interested to look at the result of this as I am also having the same CPU. So please check for that and reply back. Thank you.

I am a bit wary of starting up the game on my PC now, after reading all of the complaints people have about the PC version. Now, I read that it only uses one core? What the hell is this with Beth? It was barely acceptable with Oblivion, as multi-core CPU's weren't the norm yet, but how do you expect to get away with this in 2011? I would never seen a well optimized game, I would reasonably conclude that it might be prohibitively difficult. But, since most games are well optimized and this is a consistent issue for Beth then until proven otherwise, I will logically assume that it's not difficult, it just requires work.

I have tried turning off hyper threading in the BIOS. My i7 quad is using all cores now but does not pass 60% cpu usage. So what I have feared the most has happened, another console port being badly optimized on release. I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time now. I really hate that developers just neglect customers.

There might be a reason that the devs mostly play on consoles. I am preloading right now and nothing is killing my hype more than all this. I tempted to just go buy the friggin Xbox version even though I have the PC one. You know what I think; I will just get Assassins Creed instead and jam Dark Souls. I will wait for this to be fixed if it really is as big a problem as it seems. Either people are being ridiculous (a possibility) or bethesda has releases a POS PC port. It is their job to make a good game. If they release it on all platforms, it is their job to make sure they are done well. If not they should hire other people to do the job. I am hoping most of you on here who are complaining are the minority.

I would like to tell you that the only difference between the i7 and i5 processors is the i7's have hyper threading, which is not supported by games. It actually may be hindering performance.

I have also found this on many of the other sites that Skyrim doesnt use multiple cores. If this is true then I can’t play this game. It requires 2.0 ghz clock speed. Each of my quad cores puts out 1.5.

This is great pitch joined a recreation mode called "ultra" tries not to even have legitimate administration of shadows and progressive lighting is simply unimaginable. When you contrast the screens that we exhibited with pitch their diversion with shadows and textures of franticness and in the end wind up in a crappy value.

will actually get Assassins Creed as a substitute and stick Dark Souls. I should sit tight for this to be altered assuming that it quite is as great a situation as it appears. It is possible that individuals are almost always outrageous (a plausibility) or bethesda has discharges a POS PC port. It is their work to build a great diversion.