Thread: Installing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a USB?

Installing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a USB?

I am having some problem with the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. My computer is playing up and won’t let me install anything unless it is in safe mode. So my question is this if anybody will know. Would I be able to install skyrim onto my USB drive and then be able to boot it on my main computer though the USB drive? I have heard about steam validation or something? Would this mean we have to run the game through steam constantly or just verify the CD key one time?

Re: Installing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a USB?

Yes, you will be able to install that on an USB drive but that is really not recommended. Steam has to be running all the times and this is the reason that it is not recommended.

I would like to tell you that you will be able to install games to on the harddrive. It may be slow if it’s less than a 3.0 but my brother does it. He has got a 1TB passport USB drive with 5 or 6 games installed on it. He had his Steam folder on an external USB drive for years. It's convenient because he can plug it into any random computer and run games in no time flat. But more importantly, we haven't run into issues yet. It just shouldn't be a slow one of course.

Thank you so much fro your replies but I have tried this and this is not seem to be working for me. Please give me some other solution for this.

Steam organizer on an outside USB head for a considerable length of time. It's advantageous since he could probably connect it to any erratic workstation and run diversions without a moment's hesitation. At the same time more vitally, we haven't run into issues yet. It unequivocally shouldn't be a moderate one obviously.