Thread: PC specifications for Serious Sam 3: BFE

PC specifications for Serious Sam 3: BFE

Hey guys, I have already done the pre-ordered for this game because, if necessary, I'll get a new one. But I was concerned about my graphics card will not be able to run this game, is an "Nvidia Zotac Geforce 8400 GS. So kindly tell me about it and also what else you think about it. I really wanted to play the game. Thank you.

Re: PC specifications for Serious Sam 3: BFE

I think you will e able to play the game on the present settings and also you will be able to get the game on your system. I want let you know that you should not expect the game to run at the higher resolutions or the settings.

Not yet got the least amount system necessities. On the store page, the minimum is an 8600. So if you will be able to play this game all that will be at a low resolution and lowest graphics options available. But still doubts that it will be possible. The graphics card is the reduction in low range.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene-I View Post
    Not yet got the least amount system necessities. On the store page, the minimum is an 8600. So if you will be able to play this game all that will be at a low resolution and lowest graphics options available. But still doubts that it will be possible. The graphics card is the reduction in low range.
    Do not forget that all Serious Engine 3 games (HD and also the BFE) have the ability to "adapt" to key retail machines, so you will be able to play, albeit in a reduced graph.

Hmm, damn, you know what screw it, I'll just buy a new one, I'm willing to spend up to $ 300 it would be a good choice? So please let me know about it and also what else would be best for me.

It depends. With an old GPU, you most likely have a CPU of the same time that the GPU would block 300 dollars at present. We require a number of specifications. But if you have a good CPU u can get a GTX 560 or ATI 6950 for about 180-240 dollars, and have some left. If you want an edge, then high card can pick up the GTX 570, 6970, GTX 480, 6950 or 2 GB for 280-330 dollars. However, u should tell us what your team is, like RAM, CPU, motherboard, and these things before making a purchase.

It is difficult to say something about this. SS3 uses an updated engine Croteam called "3.5", so it is clearly not the same as previous titles. The added features and totally new graphics for this game will make it much additional resource-hungry than earlier, the question is how much? It is not possible to answer this question at this time. Croteam has pledged to continue working on the new engine optimization all you can to make it work superior with older hardware, but they always have the details which is been posted on the website of the game store for minimum system requirements. All that is minor than performance troubles can not officially supported. In my opinion, the graphics card is not enough to play any of today's games, so it will probably give a lot of problems with SS3. Buy a new card with 1 GB of dedicated RAM and be surer. If your CPU is not enough to let you to play games, you'll always be able to put the new card in your next PC anyway, so it's not a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker View Post
    It is difficult to say something about this. SS3 uses an updated engine Croteam called "3.5", so it is clearly not the same as previous titles. The added features and totally new graphics for this game will make it much additional resource-hungry than earlier, the question is how much? It is not possible to answer this question at this time. Croteam has pledged to continue working on the new engine optimization all you can to make it work superior with older hardware, but they always have the details which is been posted on the website of the game store for minimum system requirements. All that is minor than performance troubles can not officially supported. In my opinion, the graphics card is not enough to play any of today's games, so it will probably give a lot of problems with SS3. Buy a new card with 1 GB of dedicated RAM and be surer. If your CPU is not enough to let you to play games, you'll always be able to put the new card in your next PC anyway, so it's not a waste.
    Have you seen the graphics options in the engine? You have complete and total control over the exact amount of CPU resources, memory and video card to use. Increasing the amount that can be used does not mean you cannot SS3 runs, and Serious Sam HD, just turn the graphics a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    Have you seen the graphics options in the engine? You have complete and total control over the exact amount of CPU resources, memory and video card to use. Increasing the amount that can be used does not mean you cannot SS3 runs, and Serious Sam HD, just turn the graphics a bit.
    The problem is that "the minimum system requirements" must mean "minimum system capable of running the game with everything to lower values," or that's what we usually think when I see that information. Of course you may be able to run the game with the weakest of hardware, but not confident that how much FPS you will acquire with that.

That's an interesting point. I think when a developer posts least amount requirements, but after the specifications that will run the game as planned. They might tell that possibly will run at lower specs and chug it and look like crap, but still works, it would be counterproductive in terms of promoting your game. So ... Can you run the game in less than the published specifications (I bet about it), but not want to publish minimum specifications to run and look horrible, but it works yet.