Thread: Jarldom Mod in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Jarldom Mod in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone have any idea about this mod or I can say any hint about this? Where this is use how this is use. I just know that, it’s Dynamically Generates a fortress, based upon player input. Introduces Dragon Riding (Unless somebody beats me to it.) Gives you a personal role in the civil war.

Re: Jarldom Mod in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ever since the days of yore, when playing Morrowind, I've yearned for an Epic, Lord of the Rings type battle in an Elder Scrolls game. I've read countless in game books describing wars between nations, and I've always wanted to take part. In 2004, the AI that Bethesda used Morrowind, although perfect for an RPG, just would not have been able to support this kind of EPICNESS. In 2007, Hardware would have had a hard time with it. Its 2011, Bethesda has come up with a beautiful Radiant AI that I believe will be able to run this in real time. Hardware is now almost too powerful for its own good and War is brewing in Skyrim. Let's have our part of it.

Player must earn the right to become a Jarl of Skyrim, which means gaining the approval of all other Jarls in Skyrim. This can be done in multiple ways, though for now the player simply has to become a Thane of each Jarldom and complete the main quest. Future note to avoid flaming: Intentions are to actually set up a series of quests for each Jarl that will help you attain more approval without the main quest being involved. But for the initial release, I want to make you EARN it.

As the player is recruiting troops, they are moving into the players Jarldom setting up a tent city around the future site of your fortress. At this location you will find a preconstructed lumber mill and a nearby mine. Your job is to issue orders to your troops to gather the required materials to build your new home. This is a highly selectable process as you get to choose the location of each new structure. No two fortresses will be the same!

War mods interest me as well. I created a war campaign for Oblivion in my mod called Dibella's Watch. It actually looked and behaved much like what Bethesda did in the Civil war Quest in Skyrim; with military camps out in the wilderness, guerilla operations against enemy forts and some grand-scale battles as well. The final great battle of my war was the storming of the enemy capital, and it reminds me of what Bethesda did with Solitude and Windhelm.

I created one battle which was fought entirely in the open terrain at a road junction and it involved 10 NPC's on each side and the enemy got reinforcements during the height of the battle as well. In addition to that, the AI had to handle a simultaneous fight inside a nearby village. The mod flowed very well, although these numbers of fighting people on each side during that battle, and I could even have racked up the numbers of fighters considerably without frame rate hits on my system.