Thread: Possibilities of Hunters Guild in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Possibilities of Hunters Guild in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I was just roaming the map and finding new areas I haven't located yet, I happened across "Hunter's Rest", an outdoor open air location like the one where the companion dog is. I was looking at the beautiful view and it occurred to me that Hunters have been basically just a "filler faction" so far for me. They serve no real purpose but to add color to the game. Or perhaps I haven't discovered them, but are there any quests with this faction? If not, it was left wide open to mod, so I'm thinking a network of several new outdoor locations like these and some quests to work through the ranks. Maybe set up "hunts" where you hunt and kill boss level creatures to earn prowess.

Re: Possibilities of Hunters Guild in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

These camps and outdoor shacks would just basically be places you could camp, cook and safe storage to stow your gear. Basically all the things ranger/hunter needs to live under the stars. Personally, I LOVE the outdoor accommodations like this, but most of the vanilla ones have all the containers set to steal. So they're not that practical as even a temporary dwelling. I simply must have places to stow my gear so this gives the loot-a-holic adventurer (raises hand) a spot in a lot of regions to set up shop for a while. The great thing is that locations outdoors like this, you have to deal with the wildlife or you can't sleep. I like another idea where there would be random encounters scripted for some of the creatures you had to hunt. You'd just be heading to say, Riften or wherever, and nearby some Hunters would spawn and run you down to alert you to the hunt. You'd head out with them to track down the kill.

A hunter’s guild would be great, and a good change of pace from the other guilds. Not too much dungeon crawls though, or so I would prefer myself. A questline set almost entirely outdoors would be nice. Maybe get some more Hircine action going.

Radiant Story Handles some random missions, If you take up the task doing this as a WIP beginning mod people can start doing random hunting missions while you work on storylines. Bounties for different furs. Hunting companions. Establishing new Lodges or tagging existing ones to cover more ground and game. Rare beasts that require more than a simple face smaking to take out, maybe requiring poisons. Seen the bear traps? Let’s get them useful, the work on the player you just can't pick them up. Items scripted to attract certain animals nearby.

Currently I think you are able to move the traps at least. Granted that yes, you can't put them in your inventory, but rearranging them and then rearming them should be feasible. Just had a thought, maybe for those with a Hunter Mage -ish class, allow the traps to be combined with the various runes. Maybe used to take down bigger beasts, and then they could be recharged with soul stones.