Thread: Shield Charge not working in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Shield Charge not working in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dear friends, I have been enjoying skyrim for a few days and now and I am having some problem with that. For about 20 levels or so I have been using shield charge very efficiently. However now suddenly the skill stopped working and I am not able to sprint with the shield up and hit something but there is no knockdown. The only exception that I have been able to find is when I alt-tab out of the game and alt-tab back in and then I can shield charge once. After that I found that it stops working again. This is really a strange bug and I will be very happy if someone of you can help me fix this issue.

Re: Shield Charge not working in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You should check that if your characters have a disease? You must check your spell menu that is under "Active Effects." Diseases and reply if that are in red.

Turns out it randomly does work sometimes, however when it does the knockdown isnt just when the shield is up but whenever I bump into someone. This will then last for about 2 minutes and i can go around bumping people everywhere even if i am not wielding my shield or my sword. Then as suddenly as it starts it’s gone again and I am unable to use the shield charge. Most of all the seeming randomness of this is driving me nuts.

I just experienced the randomness you're talking about; I just came home after work and charge wasn’t working, so I decided to kill guards in whiterun again. I tried to get it to work and after awhile I just set the controller down when suddenly guards just started flying off my character as if I was charging them.

I have found a solution!!! U must reset ur block ability via legendary skill reset, get back 2 100 nd it will work again