Thread: Blood's Honor glitch in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Blood's Honor glitch in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I just finished the Companion Guild quest "Blood's Honor." for those that don't know, the quest ends with the Silver Hands attacking Jorrvaskr and Kodlak being killed. When I enter Jorrvaskr, Vilkas talks to me like he should, asking where I've been. He then tells me they've lost the fragment and we're going to get it back and the quest is completed. When he's done talking, he walks away as if nothing happened and I don't get a new quest. I try to talk to him and he talks like he normally does prior to the quest being completed. Meanwhile, everyone else in the Guild cannot be spoken to because they "are busy."

Re: Blood's Honor glitch in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i have this same problem and i have legit copy just bought from steam Saturday night, it's driving me mad because i believe this woman does not want me because i am a werewolf. I've tried attacking them and turning into a werewolf in front of them but nothing works. I think you're supposed to give the fragments or whatever to Eorlund (the skyforge guy) but he's nowhere to be found.

The quest is working as intended (just assembled Wuuthran via Eorlund). However, there are little bugs. The killallactors command killed everyone in Whiterun that was out in the open. i resurrected all of them and behavior is normal, with the exception of Belethor, who no longer seems to want to sell anything (only prompts are 'How is business?' and 'What's a Breton doing in Skyrim'). i would recommend against doing what i did and wait for a patch or something. If one character is bugged for me (Belethor) then there are bound to be problems.

I tried Google and found a "Let's Play Skyrim" Video where someone was doing that quest and when he walked into Jorrvaskr, there was the ghost of Kodlak (at least I think it is him) standing next to the player and was talking something. There's no ghost for me and he (the LP Guy) got the quest afterwards. I really hope Beth will release a fix or at least the Construction Set soon so we can fix that ourselves somehow.

I tried the fix but it didn't work for me. I had already completed the quest blood's honor when I tried this. I've played around 15 hours after this bug so no point in restarting the game from that far back. Hopefully they will fix this in the patch so that people can get the next part of the quest chain after blood's honor having already experienced the bug.

My quests are now working, the funeral worked and I have been given the next quest. I'll let everyone know if I am able to complete the whole companion’s questline when I'm done. Just wanted to post this separately so that you all get emails if you are subbed, and so you can try this fix for yourself. In short, do what OP said but if you have already tried to hand in the honor quest then do the setstage 06 0 fix and it should work as it has for me. Good luck.

I want to make a note on this. If you were like myself, and already cleared the place and got the helm before finishing this quest, you'll also get the issue where he won't give the quest. Using a similar method as someone over posted, you can fix it. Just do exactly what you said but instead of using god mode to run past and get the helm, just use the 'resurrect' console command on all the silver hand. I am unsure if it's actually needed to resurrect all of them, but that is what I tried in order to fix it and surprisingly it worked. So, if you previously cleared it, you can still fix the issue by simply resurrecting all the Silver Hand.

I took the quest from Winterhold's Jarl about obtaining the helmet, but I've never enter the dungeon. Now I did the Companion's quest for killing the witches, returned to Whiterun and found that Kodlak is dead. The next phase of the quest chain doesn't want to activate. I have tried using the console command playerSetStage C06 1, the quest about attending to Kodlak's funeral is activated, but nothing happens once I go there. Aela, Farkas are not there, there are no new option when talking to the blacksmith, nothing happens. I can't reload an earlier save, because I'll lose more than 12 hours of ingame time.

I had exactly your issue, no earlier saves and when I tried the setstage c06 0 it didn't go onto the next stage, me going to the funeral didn't trigger the next quest. What I did was exactly what OP said, I turned god mode on, ran through that dungeon and got the helm, finished that quest. THEN I went back and did the setstage c06 0 and then when I went to the funeral the quest actually triggered. So like you I didn't have an earlier save etc but I did what I've said and it worked for me. Try doing to the same, setstage 06 0 after you've done the helm quest without killing anything in the silverhand place.

Same issue, way to much in-game time passed since it happened. Wondering if there's a way to fix for xbox360 not just via the computer console.

If you have saved the earlier played game then you can try by loading that part at the start of the game. See if doing that also does the same thing to you. I am not very sure that this will work for you but you can try to solve this.