Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashing and freezing

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashing and freezing

I am having stability issue with this particular game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This particular game is freezing as well as crashing randomly on the computer of mine. I don’t know whether the above mentioned issue is associated with the game or the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having any idea why the above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine. Any help in this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashing and freezing

Well to find out the root cause of the issue you have to answer the following questions. Which operating system do you have installed? What is the hardware configuration? Do you have done any changes on the computer? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? Let me know if you are having any other information to get the root cause of the issue.

I recommend that you should run the game as Administrator of the computer. to doing the same you have to search for the exe file of the game and right click on the same. you have to click on the run as administrator from the right click context menu.
    Also there could be compatibility issue with the game so again you have to right click on the game and click on the Properties. From the Properties menu you have to click on the Compatibility tab and change the setting to Vista SP2 and see whether it is working or not.

I recommend following solutions which you can try and let me know what was the output.
    1. First of all you should turn off SLI/ Crossfire.
    2. Second thing which you can try to disable anti aliasing and filtering. Also you should disable V-sync.

The very quick solution which I can tell you to check the integrity of the game cache. It consist of the following steps.
    • You should load the Steam on the computer.
    • Now you have to go for the Library Section and right click on the game. after that click on Properties.
    • You should click on the Local Files and the you have to click on the Check the integrity of the game cache.
    • The entire process might be longer for the several minute and wait till it gets completed.

It could be possible that back ground process running on the system might be interfering. So you will require to clean boot the computer to fix the matter of yours.

Is there any firewall or security program on the computer? if so than I recommend that you should disable the same and see what output do you getting? In case you are able to resolve the issue then you will need to configure the security software as well as firewall which you have installed on the computer to resolve the issue. I am hoping that the thing which I have stated over here will be useful to you.

Well I am wondering that you have to install the latest version of DirectX on the computer.

To make the thing working you have to reinstall the graphic card drivers on the computer. if there is no change in the situation than I recommend that you should visit the official website and look for the latest version of drivers and you should download and install the same on the computer. once you have completed with the installation you should reboot the computer and after that you should make and attempt to run the game. if you are having any query than feel free to ask about the same.

After going through the entire situation I wanted to tell you that you should simply reinstall the game on the computer .you should redownload an d install the same. after that you should try to play the game.

well I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue into the game and it should be fixed by the developer of the game.