Thread: Why cannot Need for Speed The Run Support DX9 or XP

Why cannot Need for Speed The Run Support DX9 or XP

Why these games not support DX9 or XP? How much I know there are just two game are there in market do this. Battlefield 3 and Just cause 2. And now Call of Duty will also support Windows XP. So as per me this will cuts your market.

re: Why cannot Need for Speed The Run Support DX9 or XP

It’s just because of two things. Windows XP and DirectX 9 are many years old. This is the greatest period of time that the game designers have forced an update to DirectX. If you are a PC gamer who can pay for a system that will run this game well, then you are also a PC gamer who has been able to get their hands on Windows 7 or Vista with DirectX version. In fact, if you have upgraded your system part of the last two years, then you have had enough money to upgrade your operating system. And that really should have, Windows 7 is better than XP.

Get with the times, I do not know what you heed but the majority of the games in Windows 7, Vista and a few XP in the other (which is an unimportant number of people who cannot even run the game, people who Don 't the chance to play "last games" is your choice or not). If you have a PC needed to run in its entirety. The implementation and BF 3, you need either Vista or 7, which does not have 4 gigs of RAM? It is a requirement today, and due to RAM limitations of older operating systems like XP needs one of these to play with dignity.

JC 2 was his decision that the game has no excuse, nor is it to EA what many developers do with their games, I guess you know. Or get a decent PC with a decent operating system, or switch to 7 if you already have a half decent PC is better than XP, much better. Are you seriously comparing how advanced BF 3, Run and up to 2 JC van Modern Warfare 3? Strictly graphics.

However, here is ranting. Crysis was 5 years ago. I feel that just one of my GPU is likely to cost more than the entire PC. I hate that I was able to retire in my 40 years brother. Hard work, spend less time complaining and you can make yourself or not.

People have to move on. If you are still using a GPU can only do DX9, then there is usually fast enough for most games, even those who still support DX9. The only way that will change is if companies stop supporting old and that is exactly what should happen. Skip to Win7 + DX11 GPU or face the games / programs that cannot run, it's that simple.

I think it's time for game makers stop producing 32-bit applications just done in 64 bits. Or at least enables them to support both. Does not take much to have the 64-bit code added via a patch, or only do so from the beginning to make an application / game. We have 64-bit OS for years, why do we have to wait a few years (or more) for firms to adjust to it and say, "This is what supports natively up or die."

windows 7/vista is not an upgrade.
    i still run xp simply because its better.
    it doesnt take as much ram to run n general,
    what microsoft calls "user friendly" is really their design for the computer illiterate.
    in fact, many of the best programs i use for working with java and c# will not work on vista or 7.
    ps3 controllers wont work with win vista/7, meaning id have to go buy the ms dongle to use a controller (rip off! ps controllers work simply by plugging in and getting the driver.)
    many of HP's external hard drives don't support win vista/7 when backing up your computer (i make money doing computer work for friends in my spare time, i have 8 hp external hdds, all bought within the last 6 months, that won't backup a win vista/7 pc)

bottom line-
    windows xp was the best windows ever made, and probably always will be if microsoft keeps up with the "user friendly" os.
    just because a game forces you to run it doesnt mean its the best choice. if the above reasons aren't enough i could write a book on how shitty visa/7 is.