Thread: InitiationStation has stopped working while playing Saints Row: The Third

InitiationStation has stopped working while playing Saints Row: The Third

I recently bought Saints Row: The Third for my pc. I have installed it successfully but when I am trying to play this game then it tells me that Initiationstation.exe has stopped working and will close itself. No matter how many times I try to launch the game, it will end up giving me same error message. Does anyone know about a fix for this issue? Thanks

re: InitiationStation has stopped working while playing Saints Row: The Third

I am facing the same issue and have found out the problem. I am using a laptop that uses some kind of nvidia's optimus technology. It will turn on and off the dGPU when it is not needed and lets teh iGPU, which is the integrated graphics, do the processing. It seems that either nvidia or the Saint Rows guys should try to default this thing to not use the dGPU for the Initiation station and hopefully it will work out.

re: InitiationStation has stopped working while playing Saints Row: The Third

Yes, I agree with above. Just go into Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking on your desktop and opening it from the menu. After that go into Manage 3D settings and change settings for initiationstation.exe from to "High-Performance NVIDIA processor" from to "Use global setting (Auto-select: Integrated)". Just try to add the initiationstation.exe to the list. Simply click add and then find it in its Steam location: steam/steamapps/common/saints row the third - initiation station

I am also having the same problem with my Amd graphics card. This game will also crash every now and then. It will sometimes work flawlessly for 3-4 hours but once it starts to crash then it continues to happen every minute. I dont think the issue with my video card because other game are working fine with this same card.