Thread: Can't Accelerate in Need for Speed: The Run

Can't Accelerate in Need for Speed: The Run

Anyone have any idea how do I accelerate in pc version of this game? I'm tried to play game on PC. I have accelerated fond of to A which is by default. My keyboard A and gamepad A doesn't work, I mean both does not accelerate. Please if anyone has any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Can't Accelerate in Need for Speed: The Run

I don’t know much about this but have some tips which may be helpful in your case. Just try to re-mapping your buttons, and to remap just go to options menu. Just try this if it’s solving your issue.

It could be a similar problem I noticed. I have a F310 game controller (Logitech) and is not recognized in the configuration, but it works (though not correctly). So we really have to push the accelerator key and the key nitro (on keyboard) while for the car to accelerate. I noticed when I change the keyboard (key) accelerates, but does not move up / down. In all key assignments appear to be wedged up a bit. I cannot understand how you can release a game with 10 tons of insects, but you know, he promised to 15.11, so we're going to release 11.15 and then spend the next month bugs fixing.

When accelerating, it feels as if the car is only getting 50-70% of the accelerator. Having trouble RPM high enough to change third in most cars. This happens no matter what car I am using. They have tried to accelerate with the A button on the keyboard, with different buttons on the gamepad, and the analog stick on the gamepad. All will accelerate, but it is a very weak acceleration.

As keyboard and gamepad make similar result (and work vast in other games as well as inputs confirmed in calibration software), this means the game software is the trouble (not the tangential).

Spent the last two days trying to find a way to get my Saitek P990 controller assigned and work with the game properly (due to lack of skill in the game of marriage), then find out the keyboard equivalent of "Xbox "X, B, and LT + RT buttons are trying to break Jack out of the car, and now this crap (among the myriad of other insects). Horrible experience so far with this game cannot even touch. It's good to know what EA thinks its customer’s value payment is to raise awareness of this type of software.

Doing a search is simple and clearly there is a problem with the controls on pc. How can EA get away with incompetence which had not beaten the PC version? BF3 is starting to work (weeks later) I still check before you get your points, so lock up and so on. I just gave $ 100 and several hundred dollars in the past. The next time you test before benefits in people.

No automatic gearbox (no auto change gear) so I try two drives manual, but the car is so damn slow! He cannot even go to 190 km / h with a BMW M3. It seems that no horsepower at all. I cannot even force the keyboard. But it seems that I am not alone then.

idea Re: Can't Accelerate in Need for Speed: The Run

I have noticed that if you cannot accelerate in NFS The Run but all other controls operate (ie: steering,camera) then it might have to do with a usb device conflict the game has. Try unplugging ALL devices except for the device you will be using for the game (yes that even includes a usb mouse). If there is more then 1 usb device detected by the game, acceleration will not work (for people that have that particular issue). After finding this to be the source of the problem I would boot up the game and unplug everything and plug in my xbox 360 controller, which I find to be the best solution for this game considering you have analog and button control... Good luck and hope this helps...

God bless your heart for the last post Indeed i have a Logitech 3D Force joystick, as soon as i unplugged it it was as if i've replaced the spark plugs and gear box on the car lol. Thanks again for your help!!
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Morris65 View Post
    I have noticed that if you cannot accelerate in NFS The Run but all other controls operate (ie: steering,camera) then it might have to do with a usb device conflict the game has. Try unplugging ALL devices except for the device you will be using for the game (yes that even includes a usb mouse). If there is more then 1 usb device detected by the game, acceleration will not work (for people that have that particular issue). After finding this to be the source of the problem I would boot up the game and unplug everything and plug in my xbox 360 controller, which I find to be the best solution for this game considering you have analog and button control... Good luck and hope this helps...
    I have this horrible problem myself,sometimes im far ahead then my car just droppes speed completely.I really want to play this game,but this sucks.Im using Logitech RumblePad 2 on Windows 7 64 bit pc.When you restart the race it works fine and then about a min in same thing happens.Keyboard works fine,but game too difficult for me that way.Tried to unplug everything except controller,but it then does'nt work.

OK, I think I figured out what problems this game's controller settings are causing, and how to resolve it.
    If you are using a keyboard, select this option as usual and set the Acceleration key the way you want.
    Then, immediately switch to the Wheel Controller and set the Acceleration button to nothing. Both of them are being activated in the game at the same time, and one needs disabled, whichever way you wish to go.
    In my case, I just blanked the Wheel Controller's Acceleration and everything works perfectly. You don't need to unplug any other USB devices, etc.
    hope this helps.

I tried it now,but i can't seem to set the keyboard's attributes to nothing.What value do i use when i re-map controls to blank out the keyboard attributes ?Thanks DarkEnergy

Re: Can't Accelerate. Finally solved.

Ok guys I have finally found the solution...
    This error occurs because the game detects two or more Human Interface Devices (HID).
    In simple it detects two or more controllers at once even if they are not inserted together.
    It is simple to solve this problem.
    1.Right click on My Computer icon on the desktop an go to manage (computer management).
    2.Then go to Device Management.
    3.Click on Human Interface device.
    4. Ok, now I want you to either disable or uninstall all the human interface device and USB Input device expect the controller that you are using.
    5.You should have only one USB input device enabled and it's respective HID-compliant game controller enabled.
    6.After this the game works perfect.
    7.Hope this does the trick *