Thread: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 not launching

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 not launching

Well I have installed Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on the computer of mine. Whenever I am trying to launch the game on the computer of mine. I am getting an error message which can be stated as follow ‘Preparing to Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3...’ I don’t know why the above mentioned issue is happening. Any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 not launching

Can you tell me which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? is there any changes on the computer of yours? can you post the log file of the error message which you are getting on the system.

In this particular situation I am suggesting that you should verify the integrity of the game cache.
    • You should load the Steam on the computer.
    • Now you have to go for Library section and right click on the game and choose Properties.
    • Click on the Local files tab and click on the Verify the integrity of the game cache.

I recommend following thing which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    You should close Steam and you have to rename the ClientRegistry.blob to ClientRegistryOld.blob and simply restart the Steam. You can get the above mentioned file into installation directory of Steam.

Well I think you will require to launch the game as Administrator of the computer of yours. what I am saying is that you should look for the exe file of the game and you should right click on the exe file of the game and then you should simply click on the Run as Administrator.

Do you have installed any security software or firewall on the computer? if you have the same then I wanted to tell you that you should disable the Firewall and security software and see whether you are getting any difference into the situation. If it is working than I recommend that you should configure the firewall as well as security software on the computer so that the issue cannot persist in the future.

I think the issue which you have stated over here will get resolved if you have installed the latest version of DirectX on the computer. also you should install the latest version of the Graphic card driver. You can get the both the software from the official website. You will require to reboot the computer after installing the above mentioned software.

To fix the matter of yours i think you will need to redownload and reinstall the game on the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that there could be bug issue with the game and it should be fixed by the developer of the game. well all the people who are having the issue should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. They would address the bug issue and release the patch which you will require to download and install the same on the computer of yours.