Thread: Overheating of GPU while playing the Saints Row: The Third game

Overheating of GPU while playing the Saints Row: The Third game

Hello friends, if you play in DX11 with all the best, this game can shoot the GPU temps. Care is taken. It runs about 10 degrees warmer than Battlefield 3 on Ultra, how bad it is. Get 99% using the GPU (GTX 480), at least is the use of technology today unlike most other lame console ports. It looks great too, but do not expect that kind of detail GTA4. The most notable drawback I see is the details and textures of the buildings look very poor compared to the rest of the game. It's fun and it works better than SR2 though, so that alone is worth the purchase.

Re: Overheating of GPU while playing the Saints Row: The Third game

It gets a little warm in my GTX 480 also. Do you also get some kind of sickness during the game? Bank robbery is soft Intro chapter for the eyes, but as soon as I got into town and started driving, I get this mild headache after 20 minutes. Is it just a matter of frames per second? Because it falls a lot when driving. Do I have to update to solve this problem, or is just another lousy port? If I go to update what you suggest? A GTX 590 or GTX 580 Lightning XE? I heard that GTX 590 is not so great if the game does not support SLI.

Hey guys just wanted to say that my XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB maximum temperature of my GPU ever gotten was 55c for Battlefield 3 (All in Ultra) vs. I've been playing Saints Row 3 (Ultra settings) for 4 hours and my GPU temperature reached maximum of 53 quarter. This game is beautiful; I like the art style way more than GTA IV. That does not mean they do not love my GTA IV.

I played for 3-4 hours before, with all the Ultra/DX11 and realized that the fan of my GPU Radeon HD 6950 1GB running strong, but I had a running program to check the temperatures. I saw this thread; restart the game for about 15 minutes with running HWMonitor and GPU temperature as possible to 83c. What is the temperature that should not really be overcome?

Hey guys just wanted to say that my XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB maximum temperature of my GPU ever gotten was 55c for Battlefield 3 (All in Ultra) vs. I've been playing Saints Row 3 (Ultra settings) for 4 hours and my GPU temperature reached maximum of 53 quarter. This game is beautiful; I like the art style way more than GTA IV. That does not mean they do not love my GTA IV.
    My GPU is idle at 50 º C. Now my i5-2500K the maximum around 50 ° C for 15 minutes I bet. I wonder if there is a problem with my system...

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    I played for 3-4 hours before, with all the Ultra/DX11 and realized that the fan of my GPU Radeon HD 6950 1GB running strong, but I had a running program to check the temperatures. I saw this thread; restart the game for about 15 minutes with running HWMonitor and GPU temperature as possible to 83c. What is the temperature that should not really be overcome?

My GPU is idle at 50 º C. Now my i5-2500K the maximum around 50 ° C for 15 minutes I bet. I wonder if there is a problem with my system...
    83c is fine, the maximum is 100 C, but even then the card will just shut down due to its thermal protection, the 580 file I have for example, runs about 80C in a very good ventilation system, the only way to ensure that temperatures are cooling down water or go buy an aftermarket cooler. I chose the first and went out full, 580 and Core i7 920, 40c at full load

GPU heat can vary from one card to another that I found. I just replaced my evga sc570 (started artifacting) Runs BF3 to 90-93 C, too hot IMO though some say anything less than 100 is not bad. My replacement evgasc570 BF3 plays no hotter than 65 º C and 35-40 at idle. At 30 degrees Celsius difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    It gets a little warm in my GTX 480 also. Do you also get some kind of sickness during the game? Bank robbery is soft Intro chapter for the eyes, but as soon as I got into town and started driving, I get this mild headache after 20 minutes. Is it just a matter of frames per second? Because it falls a lot when driving. Do I have to update to solve this problem, or is just another lousy port? If I go to update what you suggest? A GTX 590 or GTX 580 Lightning XE? I heard that GTX 590 is not so great if the game does not support SLI.
    The truth is that there is support for SLI gaming, which is the release of Nvidia SLI profiles, what they do for every single big game or pork power. I'd say if you can afford it, go for the 590. Anyone who says otherwise does not know much about SLI and Nvidia GPU in general. Not to mention, I run 2 x for 460. In fact, pushing the yield 40% more than a single GTX480, or the same performance as a single GTX580. Also, just because a party cannot have an SLI profile, which was then still get the same performance as a single GTX580. But if you do, then you're set. That video card is something they call a future-proof installation, which means that it will support any future game known in the highest setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakradevroy View Post
    The truth is that there is support for SLI gaming, which is the release of Nvidia SLI profiles, what they do for every single big game or pork power. I'd say if you can afford it, go for the 590. Anyone who says otherwise does not know much about SLI and Nvidia GPU in general. Not to mention, I run 2 x for 460. In fact, pushing the yield 40% more than a single GTX480, or the same performance as a single GTX580. Also, just because a party cannot have an SLI profile, which was then still get the same performance as a single GTX580. But if you do, then you're set. That video card is something they call a future-proof installation, which means that it will support any future game known in the highest setting.
    Thank you! My mind is now set for the GTX 590. I have no experience with SLI so it's good to follow the advice for those who have. What is the recommended watt power? I have only Cougar 700W and if that does not cut it, then I would have to improve that.

I've used SLI in the last 4 or 5 years until he opted for a single 580 few months ago, so I think I have some working knowledge of how the Nvidia GPU. Contrary to what Baresark said, forcing the SLI profiles for the game does not accomplish much if the game itself is not designed to take advantage of more than one core - and most games are not, as yet SLI and Crossfire have achieved in the general public (and probably never will). Just look how many games still has mediocre support quadcore CPU. I've also run into a lot of problems with specific SLI artifacting, shadow flicker, etc, that made me lean toward a single GPU solution.

The strength of SLI, in my opinion, is that when you’re GPU starts to show its age just buy a cheaper and SLI together to achieve performance comparable to what the latest and greatest card in the market happens to be. Go out and buy a brand new 590 would be a waste of money if you ask me. The games can not only my 580 FPS with maximum solids are poorly optimized that do not work well on any system. A Ti 560 is even cheaper and still gives you plenty of bangs for your buck. 590 the time is needed to run games at high settings, it is likely that Kepler has a new card that offers similar, if not better performance anyway. Ultimately up to you, of course. It's just a question of whether or not to drop the extra two or three hundred dollars for a 590.

Your perfect job for me on ULTRA HIGH settings in SR3 or BF3. Nvidia GTX470 GPU MI is 60-73c • CPU T1100 3.3 GHz AMD X6 over clocked to 3.6 GHz 6x Max CPU max temp 40-61C • RAM 16 GB of memory 26c degrees. SR3: ultra high settings 16x af 8x MSAA 16:09 DX11 1600x900 max CPU TEMP ° 45c. BF3: 8x MSAA high values Ultra 8x AF 1600x900 max CPU temp 59c ° 16:9.