Thread: Daggers are underpowered in the elder scrolls - skyrim

Daggers are underpowered in the elder scrolls - skyrim

HI everyone does anyone else observe this. I think it’s a kind of bug present in this game. I found that the entire +one hand weapon damage amplify do NOT affect daggers. The entire enchants/perks. I'm hoping this is a bug as I love playing through daggers as a rogue. Do you guys have any opinion on this? Please share your comment with me. I would like to know what you guys are thinking about it.

Re: Daggers are underpowered in the elder scrolls - skyrim

As per my knowledge there is the combination through Sneak perks. I'm working on it at the moment, and if I remember appropriately it goes up to fifteen times damage in favor of a sneak attack with daggers. I believe that makes them very powerful. Swords only do slightly more damage than daggers, so even with whatever bonuses you get from one-handed, 15x dagger damage is at rest going to be similar to 6x sword. You'd necessitate your sword harm to be 2.5 times as much.

This must be a bug. Swords perform x6 sneak attack damage. If they advantage commencing the 5/5 +100% damage, theoretically they will accomplish x12 sneak damage. Daggers are able to do x15 sneak attack. They are simply slightly superior. However, if you add the fact that swords will forever have relatively more base damage than daggers that makes them still closer. After that there's no real reason to use daggers in sneak attacks. Daggers not benefiting from sword critical I am able to handle, for the reason that it is specifically for swords. Axes and maces have their individual specific perks as well. However the 1H damage perk is for all 1H weapons. Sword, axe and mace. With a dagger essentially increases your 1H skill, so it is supposed to also benefit commencing this universal 1H damage perk.

I'm level 30 and have up till now to have a difficulty with dagger damage. I agree that daggers are supposed to be affected through the 1h perk of course; however in a non test environment fighting within a cave, there has not at all been a problem for me. The raw damage may be lower on a dagger however it makes up for that by means of weapon speed, which positively seems to be faster. In a sustained fight, I will on average hit more often with my daggers than if I dual swords causing enchants to proc and probably the same if not more raw damage. But that's just my 2 gold pieces.

X15 sneak damage makes a usual dagger hit like a bus, and whatever thing better hits similar to a nuke. Daggers aren't meant to be used within a knock down drag out fight next to atronochs and mega draugr. They are meant in favor of sneak attacks, and killing slighter enemies.

Use daggers 'till your stealth is broken, and after that have somewhat bigger to smack them around through. My primary is a bow. Within my right hand I keep a heavy hitting long sword, and within my left a dagger of my choosing. I more often than not have the dagger through some sort of particular effect similar to fear or paralyze. This way I am able to backstab at what time required, or use it for crowd control in a stand up fight.

You are not able to get a sneak attack on each enemy, on occasion theres 3 in a room and you are able to simply sneak attack one. Daggers are weak as hell within usual melee. Occasionally npcs just find you anyways, regardless of stealth level, due to a bug, or you stepped on top of a bone and it fired similar to a rocket into the ceiling and woke everybody in 3 miles up. The one handed perk should apply for normal dagger damage.

I like daggers for the reason that of the speed. It construct me feel flashy, and additional similar to a thief / assassin. Still additional so at what time you have an enchanted one all the way through certain desirable effects on strike. Allowing you better control of the situation. They also weigh less.

Back at what time I used to cheat, I for all time ended up playing by way of a dagger. Soon sufficient I started to feel similar to a real idiot. Who is able to possibly mow down hords of enemies through not anything but a little dagger? Up to now in Skyrim I believe weapons are balanced pretty well. The dagger is superior for a stealth attack, however not every situation permit for one. That is what makes TES great, having to develop a variety of tactics for exploring dissimilar parts of the world.

There is a complexity setting for a reason. The only possible problem then, is if master is too easy or novice is too hard. There will always be an optimal way of doing things in games. Either do the efficient thing 100% of the time, or, I don't know maybe think regarding how you would like to play instead of adhering to the rules of various short-sighted designs? Have fun, perhaps? Don't mind me, keep getting trolled.

This is for the reason that I sharpened an elven dagger, and it does appreciably more sneak attack damage than a usual elven dagger. The damage within the item inventory in favor of the sharpened elven dagger is 20, and the usual elven dagger is 13. The sneak attack multiplier will increase the damage you perceive in your inventory. As a result if the 1H perk will amplify the base damage of swords but not daggers, after that swords will perform more sneak attack damage than daggers.