Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Magicka Recovery very slow during Combat

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Magicka Recovery very slow during Combat

Hello I have installed the game and everything was working prefect without any issue. I was playing level by level and suddenly landed on a new problem. I am having a bit problem with Magicka recovery. I think at the time of combat Magicka Recovery is very slow. All the bonuses for quick Magicka recovery work fine outside battle, but they don't seem to work really well when it comes to fighting. This is seriously pointless. I just want to know if it is some kind of bug or some issue with the game itself. I want some help here to find out solution on the same.

I've heard that some people have a bug with mana regeneration. The mana regen+ gear does not work in combat. Put yourself in combat with and without your mana regen gear and see if there's a difference and do you have necromancer robes, or something similar.

Right now I'm using items that increase the recovery speed, and they work OUTSIDE battle. Here I am using the Flames until the Magicka bar goes down, and the recovery speed is awesome. when you're fighting with an enemy it seems like the bonuses are blocked or something, the speed is really slow. Magicka naturally has a much higher recovery rate outside of battle. The default recovery rate is decreased while fighting, but your bonuses still apply. Again, do the test I mentioned above. I also did notice a slower regeneration, but so did in Oblivion as well.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Magicka Recovery very slow during Combat

So i have to say this is one of the worst things in Skyrim it really makes no sense but this is the fact if i drain my magicka outside of combat it takes 15 seconds to regen to max if i drain my magicka inside combat it takes 45 seconds to regen to max no bugs no mask thats BS. I am now going to start a new game never to play a magical character tottal FAIL Bethsda. Yes magicka bounces work in combat but 45 seconds isnt any better then a minute 30.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Magicka Recovery very slow during Combat

You know, even though magicka regeneration is slower during combat, I find that a good strategy in this game is to use a spell and a weapon at the same time. It's a VERY strong combination because you get the range and constant firepower of the spell along with the quick shortrange power of your weapon, and your magic will run out MUCH slower. Just make sure your spell is always in the left hand so that it'll keep going while your swinging your weapon. I would recommend in the early game to use a flame spell in the left hand and a sword/axe/mace in your right hand. Hold down the left hand button while tapping the right hand button and you will cause TONS of damage, you can be a wrecking ball with this setup and if you run out of magic you can always rely on the 'ole sword and shield. This setup will also make you level up FAST, you'll be leveling up destruction, restoration, one-handed, light/heavy armor (since you can't block), and you should be leveling up smithing and enchanting along the way. I only finished 13 quests and not very many miscellaneous and I only discovered 1 main town (whiterun) and I was already level 18! No grinding or anything like that, just natural gameplay.