Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destruction is so lame in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim?

Re: Destruction is so lame in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim?

It is not just destruction that is lame...its being a Mage in general....at least in the endgame. I have leveled a pure mage. All level up boosts to magicka and all perks points to magic benefiting perks. No useless perks like people with low health hit with fire will flee....do i really wanna chase that focker down? He has low health and my next spell will kill him before he heals unless he is running and dodges it!!! I am fully clothed for magic...archmage robes, morekai, ring of recharge, amulet of akatosh, enchanted gloves and shoes of recharging...magicka is not a problem. If i have the spell i can cast it and am only limited by the potential of the spell and its cast time. So here is my issue with Skyrim Magic.

I made the mistake of assuming that going pure mage would reap benefits at the endgame! Well then came bethesda with no scaling for magic and a 3 second cast time on all master spells making them useless in battle...this is funny because the only time i really care about casting a spell is in the middle of a $#%&ing battle! You have to pre-cast and guess the situation!! WTF! I mastered magic and got useless spells! Ok dragonhide is alright with its 80% reduction to MELEE DAMAGE ONLY but seriously the master spells blizzard and fire storm are useless and weak compared to a couple of expert level incinerates and conjured dremora...especially since by the time you cast it u have 2 draugrs in melee range and an arrow in your head that can 1 shot you even with expert level dual casted ebony flesh and all 3 mage armor perks giving you 250 armor for 3 mins. oh yeah that's right master level fire, frost and storm thralls are f'ing useless too because the dremora easily tops em and the ranged dps from fire/storm thralls at high level is weak to say the least. So maybe I can drop master level lightning storm and completely annihilate everyone....uhhhh no. Lightning storm still takes 3 seconds to get up and is a single target channeled spell that you can't see around so is difficult to maintain on a target that is not stationary and is weaker than expert level incerinate when DPS is taken into account. By this i mean I can drop 2 incinerates on my summoned dremora and kill him in 2 seconds but it will take me 6 seconds to cast lightning storm and kill the same dremora with it focused on him from time of cast. The list goes on...when it comes to endgame magic, Bethesda gets my vote for epic failure of the year!

P.S. I will not turn the game down to make it easier! If the games Master spell mechanics limits your ability on adept or above something is wrong with the game not the difficulty. Yes mages are all powerful only because you can drop paralyze on just about anyone and conjure 2 dremoras then cast incinerate for tons of dps on a defenseless target. Where is the fun in that? I want to rip my opponents apart with elements while they stand and fight not while they lie defenseless on the ground.

You might not tried other destruction because of which you are finding this as lame. There are certain things that you need to understand while using the destruction. Like if you cast a spell it take some second to indulge fully and cause effect. At the time the mob gather around you. So you can wait for while and then takeout the maximum benefit from spell. What you need to take care that you stay at enough distance so that you can caste a spell properly. Because when the mob interrupt you, the process fails entirely.

There are some highlight that I too want to add. The speed of weapons that are used is simply fast and the power varies on the basis of skill you have in the game. So you if you have a spell make you can make a more power spell and win over others. Second thing if talk about the defense part they are powerful. They are not permanent. You can get weapons as many as you want. There should be certain thrill here where your weapons degrade or cost you on the base of skill you earned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12