Thread: Question regarding downloading Need For Speed:The Run

Question regarding downloading Need For Speed:The Run

I have some question regarding the downloading of Need for Speed: The Run. First of all I will like to inform you all that I got my pre-order as a prize by a online gaming community and I was told that I will receive my pre-order code on the release date and now I just wanted to know that how will I get this game and I am asking so because I am not having an constant internet access as I travel here and there every week so I think that I will not be able to download from origin and I am not willing to get the disc as I have paid for limited edition code previously. So I just wanted to know what I can do to get the game.

Re: Question regarding downloading Need For Speed:The Run

I don’t think that there should be any problem because you well require the nee4d of internet access just for the beginning of the game and when you will start the game at that time. I mean that it is like Shift 2 but then if you want to play the game online then you will definitely have to get a constant internet connection for the same. I don’t think that there is any other option than that.

I know that I require a constant internet connection to play the game online and at least in the starting and that is why I mentioned that I am not having a constant internet connection and I am very well aware of the rules of the origin downloads but then I have also found that the disc versions will also need the disc for authentication rather than having the internet but I am not sure about the same and I also wanted to know that is it possible that I can get the an .iso of the disc and after that install and register it with the limited edition code. I mean that has anyone tried that before? I have done the same for my medal of honor game and it has worked very well for me as well so I was just thinking that is it possible or not? Is anyone having an idea about this?

I don’t have much idea about the .iso trick that you are talking about and I will suggest you to wait for the game to be released and I think that time will be better for your question and someone will have an answer for the same as well because I don’t think that there will be many people who will be aware of the .iso trick that you have specified by now.

I have some question regarding the downloading of Need for Speed: The Run. First of all I will like to inform you all that I got my pre-order as a prize by a online gaming community and I was told that I will receive my pre-order code on the release date and now I just wanted to know that how will I get this game and I am asking so because I am not having an constant internet access as I travel here and there every week so I think that I will not be able to download from origin and I am not willing to get the disc as I have paid for limited edition code previously. So I just wanted to know what I can do to get the game.
    What I have understand from you post is that you have already pre-ordered the game via Origin and using the discount code that you have got from some online gaming community.
    And if it is that so then even I will suggest you to wait till the release in order to download the game and then activate it to play and as far as the constant internet access is concerned then I will like to share that you really don’t require constant internet access in order to play the game but then if you doubt then you can contact the EA people.
    And for the Shift2 I think that you will be allowed to use the Retail version of the game and then you can activate the game with the Origin License code that you say you have but then I don’t think that you actually require it if you are having an internet access that give you the best speed so that you don’t have problem in downloading the 18 Gb game but as you said that you don’t have an constant internet then I think that you will have to make use of that.

I think that you are getting it wrong actually I have not done anything with the origin. I mean that I have made the payment to the respected online gaming community as they have said me that there is a limited number of discounted pre-orders and they are giving it to the selected user and I was among the selected ones who have get the limited edition codes on the day of release. So here I am assuming that I am having the limited edition code and what I have to do to download the game. Hope that now my situation is clear to all of you.

I think that this is some kind of spam because I really won’t give my money to a unauthorized promoters and even though you did then I think that you should have contacted them and asked them that what you will have to do after getting the limited edition codes that they have said you will be getting on the day of release. I mean that there should not be a need to ask them as well because if they are doing so then they should have added a manual on their site to avoid further problem with the download of the game as of you are having it now.

Even I think that this is some kind of spam because I don’t think that there are some kind of Code for the game download on Origin and I have never heard of it and have never came across it as well and as far as I am aware of it I think that there is only a license key that you get from the origin after downloading the game from them and then you are able to activate and install it on the day of the release and not before that and I think that almost everyone follows the same rule as well. Can you just tell me the name of the online gaming community that you have been talking about so far, so I could just confirm if it is a spam or it is a true one??

I don’t think that this is some kind of spam or something but then as you all are saying that I will contact the same online gaming community and find out a solution for the same and if I find it to be a spam then I will inform you all about that online gaming community.