Thread: Difficulty with Hired Muscle quest in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Difficulty with Hired Muscle quest in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am having difficulty with the Hired Muscle quest. Does anyone else facing difficulty with this? Since the CS isn't out yet and I am not able to fix it with what I call the "sledgehammer approach" I necessitate help from you people. Optimistically somebody can help me. What was supposed to do Go to Karthwasten and brawl with the mercenary Atar so he leaves the mine and people alone. Do you guys have any idea about it? Please share your replies with me.

Re: Difficulty with Hired Muscle quest in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am having the similar issue. Got there, spoke to the headman and, in view of the fact that I believed I shouldn't make use of forces because of what Farkas said to me (in point of fact he meant don't KILL someone), gave Atar money to leave. Headman happy, Companion quest neither advancing nor has it been unsuccessful. Anyone got a thought how to solve this one? I hope if I possibly will discover Atar that I might still be capable to trigger the relevant topic (brawl with him) in view of the fact that the quest is still active, else I managed to break the entire Companion quest line for the reason that I can't advance anymore. Would be really, really glad if someone got a solution.

I have precisely the same difficulty. It is possible to set the quest on the way to the next stage using a few console commands however I require the quest ID to perform this. would be nice if someone knew how to locate it.

I'm having the same problem and it's getting really frustrating. I paid that guy to sell his land, and now I can't find Atar, and, in turn, complete the quest. The pointer on the map is telling me that Atar is still in the mine - he isn't.

If someone knows the quest ID or how to find it, please help!

I'm on the same quest with the same guy. Challenged him to a brawl and won, then just as he gets up to congratulate me. His cohorts attack and because they're attacking me with swords I have no option but to retaliate.

Thus he dies and I fail the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3R1dge View Post
    I'm on the same quest with the same guy. Challenged him to a brawl and won, then just as he gets up to congratulate me. His cohorts attack and because they're attacking me with swords I have no option but to retaliate.

Thus he dies and I fail the quest.
    Many people were having problem with the Hired Muscle bugs and to solve this issue, the console command: Setstage cr04 100 will clear it for you if you are unable to do so. Hope that helps you out.

After being unable to find the find an answer online, I finally figured it out via trial and error, and have created an account to share how I did it. My Hired muscle quest was Atar in Karthwasten. If I brawled with him, his cohorts would attack me afterwards. This is how I did it:

At the same time, I had the Sauranach Mine quest active. The Mine quest is 3 simple parts, you initiate the quest, you persuade/bribe Atar to leave the mine, and you return to the first guy to complete the quest. immediatly after completing the quest, run straight back into the mine and everyone should be filing out of the mine. Talk to atar which will stop him in place, while his cohort from before will continue his exit of the mine. When the coast is clear, brawl! The cities miners will come back in during the fight and comment on the fight, but neither they nor Atar will attack you afterwards, and you can complete both quests! Hope that helps someone

Discovered an even better way for those people with the console version. A lot simpler. Basically you need to have your speechcraft to 50. If you do and you've also spoken to the guys in the town you can persuade him to leave.

Once this works his lackeys will start to leave. Simply activate him so he stands still and waits for you to speak. Then listen as you can hear the doors closing behind his friends. Then choose brawl. With them gone he doesn't automatically attack you after the fight and you complete the quest.

Tried this myself and it worked absolutely fine with no problems. You may have to fight his friends when you get outside as you make your way out of the town. They attacked me but luckily he didn't.