Thread: Which option is best for Azura's Star in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Which option is best for Azura's Star in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I got a hint to head off to the shrine of Azura quite early in game and considering the star has proved priceless in both Morrowind and Oblivion i decided to pursue this quest almost immediately in the hope it lead to the star for the third game running. Suffice to say i was happy when it turned out that i recovered the broken star. Now however I am faced with a difficult choice and i was hoping for some advice. As far as i can see, i now have the choice to either return the star to Azura's shrine, purify it and return it to the same functionality we remember from past games (infinite use soul gem,) securing the affection of Azura herself as a result.

Re: Which option is best for Azura's Star in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I can take the second option and convert the star into the black star which, i confirmed with a playthrough/reload, will create a reusable black soul gem and sever Azura's link with the artifact. I am quite torn on this. On one hand, Azura has often proven quite a benign and helpful influence in previous games and the star's normal functionality is certainly useful given the omnipresent nature of lower beings in Skyrim...every dungeon is a source of potential charges and using an enchanted weapon during a dungeon crawl will never be a problem again.

Humans are also quite common, their souls are always powerful (a big factor early game) and this allows me to repeat my past practice of taking out notable badguys, catching their souls and then enchanting them onto daggers or other objects for display in a glass cabinet or something (Speaking of which, can we still name items when we enchant them, i haven't seen that option yet).

There is no doubt that the black star is the more powerful and unique option here and it will probably add greatly to his efforts to stabilise Skyrim and build his own power base. The concern though is what happens if he loses control of the star and generations of necromancers that aren't quite so picky with their targets start employing it. I'm not sure what the background would say on this, would the star have any sentience of its own as per Umbra? Would it eventually fade back into Oblivion even without its connection to Azura? Just how horrific is the fate of a soul bound and used in enchantment vs one simply slain? I'm not sure of the background on those points but they'd all probably weigh on the character's decision.

Umbra was a piece of Clavicus Vile cut off and gone rogue, and it led to a lot of trouble and murders. Can you imagine what would happen if a piece of Azura was cut off from her, and it was created with the intention of flaunting Arkay's edicts? Now I have no love at all for Azura, but I won’t unleash a demi-god like necromantic horror on Tamriel. I returned the star to what it was.

Azura's Star is the reward for The Black Star Quest. Once you complete this quest you will get this reward. The star has ability to trap white souls. This souls are needed to for recharging the weapons you have. To use this you just need to filled this stone with white soul. It does not destroys in the game. All you need is to end the Black Star Quest to gain this start. The bugs which are associated to upgrade his empty stone even when you fill the same with white soul. Many time you will notice this stone as empty in your inventory.

The black star quest is not so tough. You need to travel in a frozen place and kill up some bears. Later on you will be awarded with the star that will help you in your upcoming events. If you carry the same to Azura you will get a Grand Soul Gem. This can be used for unlimited time. So there are not limitation to store the number of soul. But on the same hand you cannot add a human soul in this. So it can be used for limited purpose but a good part of your inventory.