Thread: Items flying around in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Items flying around in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hello friends, every time I walk into a place, sometimes random items fly everywhere and makes noise, it is very annoying. Anyone knows how to fix this? If someone have got the solution then please tell me and also it might help me. Thanking you for the solution which you will give to me.

Re: Items flying around in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This was a problem in oblivion as well. It is caused by the physics engine. I do not know the details, but basically when you enter a room first, though everything was perfectly placed in the static editor when the physical reality of a kick in the live game, some things suddenly reacts. Could it be that is placed too close to each other, or interact badly with some other objects (perhaps too low on the table or well above it)? It can also be physical errors in some cases. Basically what we are witnessing is the first use of the physics engine in the cell. If you exit and then enter a second time (without reloading the game), you probably will not happen again, because the interactions have mostly been resolved.

I know what you mean, but different flying around like bullets, once a spoon or other. [Censored] hit me hard and took half my health is pretty bad, and it is only the first time I go.

To fix this, (I think) to ensure that they are not forcing VSYNC OFF through its panel of the display driver control. Therefore, the pitcher of the game does not give you a "turn off Vsync" option - which is enabled by default. This is a known issue with Gamebryo. Maybe even force Vsync on if you must (have not tested)

Quote Originally Posted by Daksha90 View Post
    This was a problem in oblivion as well. It is caused by the physics engine. I do not know the details, but basically when you enter a room first, though everything was perfectly placed in the static editor when the physical reality of a kick in the live game, some things suddenly reacts. Could it be that is placed too close to each other, or interact badly with some other objects (perhaps too low on the table or well above it)? It can also be physical errors in some cases. Basically what we are witnessing is the first use of the physics engine in the cell. If you exit and then enter a second time (without reloading the game), you probably will not happen again, because the interactions have mostly been resolved.
    I wish this were true, but this happens every time I walk into an inn, or my house, or pretty much any interior space, although I have visited before.

I am also getting this A LOT... since it also cause sound when objects bounce around it can get really distracting and frustrating when trying to concentrate to hear a conversation with a npc in a inn for example...

Its like the whole game is acting like the haunted house in the western city... i really need to find a solution for that... i double checked with my graphic card and vsync is set at always on... (did not find the settings in any of the ini files or game config)... but my card is at always on...

Quote Originally Posted by firehawkx View Post
    I am also getting this A LOT... since it also cause sound when objects bounce around it can get really distracting and frustrating when trying to concentrate to hear a conversation with a npc in a inn for example...

Its like the whole game is acting like the haunted house in the western city... i really need to find a solution for that... i double checked with my graphic card and vsync is set at always on... (did not find the settings in any of the ini files or game config)... but my card is at always on...
    Can you try to turn off Vsync? Many people haev reported that turning it off causes the physics of the game to go crazy like you mentioned. Also what kind of computer specifications and graphics card do you have? You can either turn Vsync back on, or use a program to cap the fps at 60-ish. Hope that helps