Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Shutdown while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

l33t Re: PC Shutdown while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just thought I'd mention that regardless of your amount of ram, tes; skyrim only uses up to 2gb, some users have had promising results by using a large address patch along with a couple tweaks to the .ini file.

Re: PC Shutdown while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thanks to the posters for their input. I resolved my issues. I upgraded the psu from 450 to 600. I also changed out the geforce 520 1GB ddr3 card to a radeon hd6750 with 1 gb of ddr5. I was able to play about an hour and it shutdown on me again reaching 110 C. I boiught a rocketfish CPU cooler from best buy which is heavy duty and i played three hours last night straight on and my cpu was 51 C when I logged off and got back on the desktop. Huge difference. Just wanted to throw this out there for those still having issues.

Re: PC Shutdown while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hey guys..

I'm new here. I have been researching this problem for almost a month now and I'm certain that it cannot be due to overheating or PSU. I replaced PSU and both CPU and GPU are running beneath 45C. I'm also playing intesive games like Wither 2, BF 3, MW 3, Dead Space 2, Rage etc.... with NO SHUTDOWNS!!

I've seen that several people are having this problem with different machines. I came to a conclusion that it must be software...... And Walaah!! i've found it. Hope it works on the other people also having this problem.

I found that as soosn as any download is running in the background while playing Skyrim, the shoutdown happens...randomly. I'm using software such as JDownloader and MiPony. When not one of them is running, I can play forever. When only one is running, I can Play for about 2 - 3 Hours before shutting down, and when both are running I have about half an hour.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12