Thread: Will Objects vanish when turn away in Saints Row: The Third

Will Objects vanish when turn away in Saints Row: The Third

I just started playing SR2 (PC), I think it's a pretty good game. My biggest complaint is huge scores of cars, objects and missing persons / disappears when the camera looks away briefly. As a kind of aggressive optimization. What really makes it difficult to escape the police is through traffic. No matter how fast you go, or to dodge, keep in your back. Then you realize everything that happens is that as soon as it is removed out of the screen and the road behind you is completely empty.

Re: Will Objects vanish when turn away in Saints Row: The Third

I cannot answer this, but this was one of my main complaints SR2. I always thought it would be great I still have my band in separate vehicles, except that their cars would disappear, along with any other animated object. Since this game uses a new engine, I guess it will be able to handle a much heavier burden. There was a review of some parts of Australia I think were not allowed to post reviews in accordance with v sing? I will post, but I do not want to be banned XD but mentioned that the problem with Mr. 2 and said it was fixed at 3 sr.

Not just does that SR. Most sandbox games are like him. I hate it while you are crossing a road. You look correct and see a car, look left, and after that while you see right again there is no signing that the car you saw. You would think that the games could have down pat a few things so it is more sensible. I would not imagine to shoot a car and then 30 minutes later see the similar car with bullet holes in it, but to see it go in a corner for a chat and it's gone, it drives me crazy. Especially if it is a rare car I want to steal.

You are right that the majority sandbox games address this trouble, but not to the extent that SR 2. Yes it was a trouble justifiable considering how well the game was, but it was still very evident at times. In GTA IV could shoot a car over time to jump on you and be able to catch while bending the corner. Considering GTA IV is a game much larger and handsomer than SR 2 I could not understand why the problem was so obvious to SR 2. Hopefully the problem is resolved.

Seriously, not only cars and the people did disappear if a blind eye as long as they appear and disappear while looked at, did any sniper rifle out of all but ineffective pair of missions. Carjacking made terrible interruption, you get a car brand on the map, which vanishes in seconds, or while driving behind the brand attempting to get it to stop, which vanishes after going to the turn. This as well gets in the way during the activities of insurance fraud and chaos. You get on a roll with a good combo and BAM! The streets are deserted. Always bothered me. But the good news is, I understand that the new engine should solve this problem.

Sandbox games basically all work the same way. For those who do not know: the world is made up of cells, each cell contains a small portion of the world that contains a bunch of objects, buildings, trees, whatever, even some NPCs (shop keepers, story-givers/progresses, etc).

However, the cell is "general" population (people, animals, etc) are generated. That is, caused by coding OnEnter logic cell, and usually is random (you can rely on the probability lists, etc, but it's a formulaic approach and programmable). That is, not part of the burden of unique sandbox, only the load cell. This is where the game engine is presented in, for what you are driving like a madman through Stillwater. As you loom the edge of a cell, the engine "guesses" (algorithms) that the cell (or cells) that are more likely to end up on charges and prior information. This is known as buffering. Therefore, to enter the cell, are people driving cars, elevated trains passing, etc. are all dynamically generated. In addition, when leaving a cell, cleaned in the memory (buffer). In some cases, some of that information is preserved (saved), but most of the traffic (human / vehicle) cleans itself.

I saw this later than you talked about it. There is a video game review in an Australian site SR2 momentarily mentioned objects that vanish while you look away. They say the new engine of Saints Row: The Third, the problem is resolved. Now this could mean that it is not as noticeable but still present, or maybe I'll get hit if you do not look both ways as in GTA4.