Thread: where’s my horse in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

where’s my horse in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So there I was riding along, when a troll jumped me! I dismounted to throw down with this ugly creature only for my horse to high tale out of there like a lightning bolt. Still haven't found him. So now I’m on top of a huge mountain with no ride and a 50 mile walk back to a town. How do I get my horse? Does he run back to the stables or something? Also had to change my undies after fighting my first dragon.

Re: where’s my horse in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just steal a horse in future, there's a horse you can find that's unowned and pops up every now and then once you've found it near that island where you have to kill the ice wraith. I remember stealing one though, and I got off it and it glitched and flew away at around 100 MPH and died. So I'm just going to steal them, you only have to pay like 5 gold fine.

You go back to where you killed that troll and kill every living thing in sight, cause one of those things killed your horse (I seems, if not you might hit your horse, and then you will know where he is.

They really should let you stuff the horse in your inventory, like other sensible games. Same kind of thing happens to me. I know this is taboo, but if you fast travel to a hold, he should show up in that holds stable. Unless, of course he died in the attack. I went back to the place I bought my horse and nothing. It tells me I have to buy a brand new horse.

I'm sure they will come up with something sooner or later about mounts. He should at least walk down the road some then stop and eat grass till you get back. That would be nice. They really should let you stuff the horse in your inventory, like other sensible games.

Fast travel. If you lost your horse fast travel somewhere & when you do it will go with you. When you get to the place just look around & it will be close up. Works every time for me.

well, i just went back to the whiterun stables, where i bought it... it was standing in the stables