Thread: Disappointed with Light Armor Perks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Disappointed with Light Armor Perks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm really disappointed that 4 out the six light armor perks require that you wear a full set of light armor in order for them to take effect. I always mix my light armor with clothes and never wear helmets, which make the majority of the perks useless to me; it restricts customization options from you which what TES is all about as per me. I think it would be much better if the perks only restricted the use of heavy armor, instead of them requiring you to wear light armor on every place possible. What are your thoughts? Do you like them?

Re: Disappointed with Light Armor Perks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I like helmets personally but i think more games like this that have helmets and such should include options to make the helmet invisible but it still have the advantages of being there. Perks are a completely new system that offers us more damage, new animations, and variety to our characters.

I'm pretty disappointed too. I'll also fond of mixing armor and clothing, and sometimes armor types, and this all heavy or all light obsessions they have is a disappointment to me as well. That and the primary heavy/light tradeoff seems to be protection vs. bonus fatigue regeneration, without knowing the role of fatigue it's hard to say for sure, but it doesn't sound good so far.

I never said they all require a matching set, I said they all require a full set (as in you must wear light armor on every place you can), so you can't choose to not wear anything like helmets or gauntlets, which is what I find disappointing. As I stated in my OP, I never wear helmets or often mix them with pieces that have no armor rating (and therefore shouldn't restrict things like stamina regen perks)

Before perks, the only thing we could do was level attributes. Every level we were given points to distribute. After distributing them, we received an intangible increase to something- speed, strength (damage), sneak, etc. They were only numbers, but necessary to increase your skill and utilize restricted items in the game (spells, weapons, etc). Perks don't just add extra damage. They add additional abilities. Skills never did that. Some of those abilities add additional gameplay animations. Skills never did that either. Perks are also limited, meaning you can only take so many so you have to strategize and choose a path for your character. Skills never did that either- you could max them all by paying a trainer.

Overall it seems to me that a sneaky character, a hybrid caster, or a nimble marksman will all benefit from using light armour - roles where armour's actual ability to STOP hits is secondary to your role; trying do that stuff in heavy is a liability. Of course the balance IS firmly rooted for heavy right now, at the very least they need cut heavy's weight/movement reduction perk from 100% to like 50% - heavy armour wearer sprinting at the same speed as a light armour wearer is silly.

I'm disappointed too, I mean at first I thought it was my imagination but after reading your post I feel that I'm not alone. I took so much time to get my character looking cool and I have to put a lid on him (lol). I want to see how cool he looks when he takes out an enemy with an arrow close-up. It's ruined. Plus, the matching set skill ruins my character too when I have to wear an outfit I don't even like. It's like my mom telling me to go to school wearing something practical. What if I WANT to wear shorts to school in -9 degree weather?