Thread: What are list of Destruction and illusion in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What are list of Destruction and illusion in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone have any idea about the Destruction and illusion in this game? I really don’t know what these are and I am really searching for the same. After searching so long I found few but still not get it. Here are some list of Destruction and illusion:

Destruction:
    Flames
    Frostbite
    Sparks
    Fire rune
    Ice spike
    First rune

Illusion:
    Courage
    Clarivoyance
    Fury
    Calm
    Fear
    Muffle

So please if anyone has any idea about this than please help me to know this.

Re: What are list of Destruction and illusion in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

It's a shame that there does not appear to be Bound Armor in the game anymore but still I am not terribly disappointed. Conjuration is looking decent and that makes me happy seeing as I am going to play an Imperial Necromancer / Demonic Summoner as my first character. Your skill in a magical tree reduces magicka cost, but as far as I can tell, the magnitude can only be upped by perks. By the way, I second Eternal's list, I saw the same list yesterday in another forum. The guy that wrote those down from the CE guide was in a hurry so he might have missed a couple (water walking perhaps), but lock spells he couldn't find.

If you are falling out of a plane without a parachute destroying the chute of the guy next to you does not make your chances of survival more viable. The only thing that will make lock picking more viable is improving the skill and its perks. Taking away other methods to open doors does nothing to improve the viability of the skill.

If you use lock picking, it will level up the skill and you will have more perks to put into other abilities that you use and more health/magica/stamina. I don't see the downside to leveling up since enemies don't scale as your level.

There is a Standing Stone (The Tower i believe) which lets you open all Expert and lower level locks which might be useful. I do tend to agree that the lockpicking perk tree is pretty lackluster in general, but I'm not all that disappointed that the Thief based characters have breaking and entering being a bit more of a niche skill of theirs. Still I don't quite see what the developer’s line of thinking was in taking out the Open Lock spells. Given that with alchemy rogue type will be able to duplicate half the spell effects mages have I don't see why they should have the exclusive on something as core to game play as opening the all to frequent locked door. Hell even without alchemy I don't really see it, getting past a locked door is to core of a game play mechanic to have available to only one style of play.

The point isn't that a mage can't pick a lock it is that they removed the mage way of doing it. You can kill everything with your one handed skill you just have to have some skill and keep on swinging, and yet we still have destruction, marksman, two handed etc. There was no reason to remove the mage way of doing things, it was a bit more limited, did not work with stealth, did not have more loot perks associated with it, but it gave you a different game play option for the same task. It isn't stepping on the rogue’s toes any more than alchemy is stepping on the mages.

I think they should have kept the Open Lock spells in the game but have a perk (with levels) in Alteration fairly high up that lets you open Expert and Master Locks with a alteration skill requirement. This way there is a Mage way for opening locks but it requires a significant input from the player into magic so that other classes wouldn't just use the spells because they are easier than lockpicking. I'm all for options but they need to be balanced so that there are advantages and disadvantages to each option.

They should have made it so doors were destructible but it not be anywhere near as stealthy as picking the lock. You can burst it open with a fireball or kick it down like a warrior but people definitely hear or see it. And when it comes to chests maybe the same, you could break them open with magic or might but there would be a drawback like a chance of something inside breaking.

I personally like playing a Mage character the most simply because spells are fun. But I like the lockpick mini-game from Fallout 3 and New Vegas a lot more than Oblivion so I'm glad they used it in Skyrim. My point is that I thought the Open Lock spells made it too easy to get good loot. And I liked the Skeleton Key too but again it makes it too easy. If you only get the key for a short time in Skyrim that would balance the game for me. From a role-playing point of view it would be quite awkward and funny to see an epic spell-casting Mage character tediously messing with a tiny lock trying to get that loot. IF Open Lock truly isn't in Skyrim without The Tower stone active it would be a good thing to me. At least you can't open Master locks with The Tower. Bethesda has balanced everything in Skyrim that was unbalanced in their previous games as far as I've seen. Can't really know until tomorrow.

If Bethesda tailored Skyrim too much to suit one playstyle it would become virtually impossible to balance the game for the other playstyles. From what I've seen and heard they've done an excellent job making the game good for every style without putting you at a disadvantage for not choosing a different style. Personally I'd love Skyrim no matter what just from the graphics and music alone. I'm just happy to have another Elder Scrolls world to explore. Skyrim is the best game in the world overall.

Everyone saying that removing open lock doesn't make lockpicking more viable in single player game needs to really think about things before just tossing out their reactionary opinion. Considering the number of threads when perks were revealed about how useless Lockpicking perks were, it was clear that this was the "red-headed stepchild" of the skills (while we assumed Open Lock was still in). I really liked the notion of Open Lock spells. I'm bummed they are gone. But from a design standpoint, I totally understand Bethesda's thinking, and it IS good design.