Thread: Hydrophobia: Prophecy crashing without any error message

Hydrophobia: Prophecy crashing without any error message

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask over here. Well I have installed Hydrophobia: Prophecy on the computer of mine. I have found that this particular game is crashing when I am trying to start the game on the computer of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Hydrophobia: Prophecy crashing without any error message

In this particular situation I am asking following question which will be helpful to figure out the root cause of the issue.
    Which operating system do you running? Tell me about the hardware configuration. Is there any security software installed on the system? Do you have installed DirectX as well as graphic card drivers of latest version?

I recommend that you should launch the game as an administrator.
    • You should look for the exe file of the game and right click and after that you have to Click on the run as Administrator.

• If it is not working than again you should right click on the game and then you have to click on the Properties.
    • Now click on the Compatibility tab and then you have to select an appropriate option and click on Ok and apply button. Now see that the thing working or not.

I think you need to verify the integrity of the game cache. To do the same you need to use the following instruction.

1. You have to load Steam. Now you have to right click on Library and the click on Properties.
    2. Now you have to click on the Local Files and then click on the Verify Integrity of the game cache.
    3. You need to wait till the entire process gets completed and try to play the game once completed.

I was also having the same problem which you have stated over here. After doing lots of research work I have come to know that Service pack of Windows XP was not updated. Well I have simply upgraded to SP3 and after that I am not having any issue while playing the game.

There could be an issue that the back ground process which might be interfering with the game. what I wanted to tell you is that you should clean boot the computer of yours to figure out the back ground process and then you should disable the same on the computer and see whether you are able to play the game or not. Let me know if you are having any query on the solution which I have asked over here.

Let me know whether you have installed any security software of firewall on the computer. If you have not installed the same than I am suggesting that you should simply disable the firewall as well as security software on the computer of yours and then try to play the game.

Well there could be an issue with the graphic card drivers issue. I think you should reinstall the graphic card drivers. If the issue is not getting resolved than you should look for the official website of the graphic card manufacturer and after that you should search for the latest version of the graphic card drivers. Once you have downloaded and install the same on the computer of yours. after that you should reboot the computer.
    Also you might need to install the latest version of DirectX on the computer. You can get the same from the official site. As you have installed the latest version of the DirectX you should not forget to reboot the computer.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend that you should reinstall the game on the computer of yours.

There could be bug issue with the game and you have to contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.