Thread: Sonic Generations at $30 on Steam

Sonic Generations at $30 on Steam

I just heard this that Sonic Generations is now at just $30 instead of $60. Anything you say Sega team, you rock! I just can’t wait to lastly have a great sonic game on PC. With any luck hackers get on it and make a few amazing mods too. What you guys say about this?

Re: Sonic Generations at $30 on Steam

I doubt it VALVE convinced them that price. I think the only reason for their $ 30 is because there is a plenty of a time attempting to induce the majority people to purchase it for $ 60. Sega decides the price of your game from $ 30 and the valve gets pat on the back. I love the valve, too, but I am not going to give them credit for making good decisions made by other studies.

It’s a Sega PC game, and while this looks great and I'm eager to play a new sonic game that seems to wedge at first sight. I am certain that SEGA will find a way to screw up. Yes, Renegade Ops was postponed in order to optimize the game and the final development, but at least it beats the alternative: SEGA clearly loves the unfinished publish titles that are glitchy and buggy as hell or are missing important elements in the PC at an affordable price semi - only to abandon them after release and never solve anything. I just hope that the slightly lower price does not mean cutting corners everywhere (think "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing", a Mario-Cart style game without multiplayer on the PC).

One thing that puts me off is that we still have not killed off most of his friends stupid. Only good that Tails and Knuckles. Or better yet Robotnik could start making the main char, because it has the best character of the entire franchise.

You cannot expect them to be completely excluded from a game celebrating the anniversary 20 years. However, NPC is only now, serving missions for each of the worlds. I'm not really worried about friends in any way. But if they do ever make them play again in the future, we should stick to doing it the way Sonic 2 / 3 yk/Heroes/Advance1, 2.3 / Rush did, which, albeit with minor differences importance of capacity, all play mostly the same and through the same levels. When they tried to specialize is when they fall. These missions fishing in SA1 and the levels mehtastic treasure hunt in SA2, for example.

I concur they have to become the character of games. He is the greatest character is the fransice. They have to kill sonic in one of the games and they make Eggman main character.

It's Dr. Robotnik and Dr. Eggman to the similar person? Or there are two dissimilar people? In the 2 first sound cartoons it was Dr. Robotnik. But in the last cartoon Sonic X was Dr. Eggman. In all the sonic games from 1991 to date has all the time been Dr. Eggman. If the similar person, why he distorted his name after?

Yes, but what they did do was to make the split-screen multiplayer mode, which is what pilots are classically karts anyway. And for the price, it was perfectly reasonable for what you get. I'm glad we got a port of the same, even when he cut the online portion. And other than the cut line, was an excellent port. Ran great, and I do not remember any error or fault. (To be fair, I have 0 interests in playing online racing games)

Eggman's real name and this has been inveterate by Sega, is Robotnik. Eggman is the pet name Sonic called because of its egg like form. Robotnik is the name utilized in European and American editions of the sonic games in the epoch from Genesis / Megadrive. While Eggman is utilized in Japan. Later on, it was determined that Robotnik was his name, but referred to in the games as Eggman.

I remember a story of origin, cannot remember where, maybe in a manual or something. I've never read the comics. However, said Dr. Robotnik was originally named Dr. Kintobor (Robotnik backwards, that's original V and had created a machine for some good and some that was driven by the Chaos Emeralds. But it exploded, scattering gold rings all over the place, for any cause. In this edition, Sonic was not connected, was just a usual hedgehog nearby while the explosion takes place what mutated and became "Kintobor" in Robotnik. I'm not sure where. I remember reading some background information on the old, like Sonic 3 manual for the Megadrive. Obviously, this cannot be canon. From Robotniks now wholly forename Robotnik and his grandfather was at a standstill called Robotnik SA2: v. I do not think there is no canon backstory now, there are quite a lot of editions. Sonic does not even live on earth in a lot of things.

There was a source story where sonic hedgehog was a regular tan and a laboratory aid with Dr. Robotnik, who was a regular scientist? IIRC, Sonic turned blue and won his super speed, while a treadmill, because it broke or something, and Robotnik became egg-shaped and evil, when he shed his lunch of boiled eggs and root beer on a machine that made him pick up all the world the "wrong" and that instead of the rings (which are collected by Sonic), and exploded. The original story (I think it was a short in Archie Comics issue of how the early 90's, before Sonic has his own series) was retroactively for that book that tells how Sonic and Robotnik were orphans raised by his uncle as your call-name, and became the scene of the "Freedom Fighters" morning show on Saturday.