Thread: Unable to launch The Book of Unwritten Tales demo

Unable to launch The Book of Unwritten Tales demo

I have installed the demo version of The Book of Unwritten Tales on the computer of mine. As I am trying to launch the game it is prompting with an error message and the game is simply getting crashed. The error message can be stated as follow. "bout.ex has stopped working" can you tell me why the above mentioned issue is happening? Any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to launch The Book of Unwritten Tales demo

Looking at the matter you have to answer below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Do you have installed all the drivers on the computer? Let me know about the log file of the error message which you are getting? Tell me if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

In order to figure fix the matter I recommend that you should look for the exe file of the game and right click on the same. From the right click menu you have to click on the Run as Administrator.

I wanted to tell you that there could be compatibility issue between the operating system and game which you have installed on the computer.
    • You should right click on the exe file of the game and click on Properties.
    • From the Properties menu you have to click on the Compatibility tab.
    • Now you have to choose the appropriate operating system and see whether it is working or not.

There are chances that the back ground process which are running on the computer might interfering with game itself. Hence I am suggesting that you should Clean boot the computer of yours.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should look for the config file of the game. once you have find the same you should open the file into text editor.
    One the config file is opened you have to enter the following line.
    Code:
    </config>
    <sounddevice>Generic Software</sounddevice>
    Once you have done the same you should restart the game on the computer of yours.

Well I am not sure but there could be an issue with the user account which you are having on the computer of yours. So I recommend that you should create a new account and see whether you are able to run the game or not.

I am suggesting following things which you can try to fix the matter.
    1. Do you have installed any security software on the computer? If so than I recommend that you should simply disable the same and you are able to play the game.
    2. If you have not installed the latest version of the graphic card drivers and Directx than I am suggesting that you should simply install the same on the computer of yours. once you have done the same you have to reboot the computer of yours.

After going through the issue of yours I think you need to reinstall this particular game on the computer of yours.

Well there could be bug issue with the game and hence I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer will fix the bug and they will release the patch which you can use to fix the matter of yours.