Thread: loot in large rooms in A Valley without Wind

loot in large rooms in A Valley without Wind

Anyone else annoyed that all buildings in the rooms only have the piece of loot? Even the labyrinth rooms are large and complex only seems to generate a potion etc. Maybe the drops should be based on the size of the room. This would give more incentive to explore all rooms.

Re: loot in large rooms in A Valley without Wind

Have not been explored a maze though, because he had no prior knowledge that would not only be an element of it. It does not seem worth it when I could make better use of my time to explore the smaller rooms. Their main reasons why I'm not studying things like mazes and rooms bad for now. And stay away otherwise very good looking at the pyramids. Scouts rooms labyrinth is not rewarding and tends to avoid whenever I can. I hope they do something about it.

Crazy, maybe a placeholder or something like that (still very early beta, after all)? Is likely to change sooner or later, but I think I'll stay away from the maze (in fact even larger rooms as well) until then.

Perhaps because they are usually in ruins, ancient artifacts that could have hidden in them? That could be as collectibles and may vary depending on which region when the labyrinth is in. Then you could have a building on the screen of your settlement called the "Museum" you can put the artifacts / treasures you find in your way. As for how it would affect your civilization. Well, apart from increasing happiness / moral you can always have some kind of "culturally sensitive" to an agreement and things, like a library or a museum (with artifacts) that bring up results.

I like the idea, the problem we have is infinite and random number generators, by which I mean that should probably be taken to simply be "artifacts" that tarnishes type to find them, unless you want to either a) collect the device several times equal or b) developers to spend an inordinate amount of time in creating more interesting.

Plus the expected sort of aged antiques like vases, pieces of jewelry, tomes and the like there would be able to moreover be relics that could be like leftovers of the old planet. Some things that the individuals of the time underestimated but are now almost non displayed or not required in this revamped globe. It might be similar to the curio framework in DF, where there are procedurally produced stories behind curios. As a substitute for utilizing the impressive history framework that DF utilizes, you might try for a fast "vase has Ice Age specialty of name, verb, and name" Maybe flinging in the names of the nearby over-burdens to unequivocally give them a modest touch of irregular backstory. The disservice (or playing point) of this system is that you could make up unusual for example "DFV-2319 Spelunked Morgath the Soulless and took his place as overlord" as a piece of abstraction.

After loot proportionate to the size of the room would be great. As it is, I tend to completely ignore large rooms because of the effort to obtain a fairly small amount of the reward. I am still very reluctant to enter the basement. Not as bad as the mazes, but still tend to be a room full of monsters in the narrow corridors, perhaps with nothing more than a bunch of (now useless) fragments of consciousness at the end.