Thread: Artificial buildings maps in A Valley without Wind

Artificial buildings maps in A Valley without Wind

I love the look for entire this to dungeons and buildings. However, a subject I am struck again and again: simple graph structure of most of the dungeons. I tried to raise issues of bug tracking, but it was closed for the reason that, well, is too small to consider at this time, in 0.5 versions. They are right - bug tracker is not an appropriate place to discuss these things in general, a part of your immediate use. Therefore, for me (I'm just still L5) there are only two types of structures: buildings and caves. Cuevas looks almost normal ("almost", for the reason that it is always unidirectional, from top to bottom and without twists and turns). That is "even" distribution of places and the bosses, so it's superior for me for at the moment. However the buildings are an additional case.

Re: Artificial buildings maps in A Valley without Wind

It's a little strange, however bearable. Although why is oriented at right? I do not see much use of it (apart from noticeable consequences: if you necessitate the highest point, for all time choose the right input on the way to the next floor). Why the pyramid-shaped blueprint? Most of the buildings that I know are "even", sometimes narrowing near the ceiling - but often not a case.

All buildings were designed by manic pyramid. On the other hand, yes, it is little wonder that these ruined rooms tend to be on the edge of the graph, and never in the middle. Actually it would be at random, including, of course, stairs and corridors. Yes, I can understand that it is "real map" is only graphical, organized as a map - but why? Is there any reason to play it?

So for me the first is due to random room on the ground (no automatic grouping stairs to the rooms in ruins right and left) - in fact, I would be pleased if "real" doors would be more or less directly projected on the map in terms of comparative positions. And secondly, it would be pleasant to have additional variety of construction plans (not presently the pyramids, however the blocks, even trees and shrubs as well.

I suppose you're puzzling what the dungeon map symbolizes. It isn't in point of fact a floor plan of the house/dungeon/cave; it's a logical map demonstrating their associations. Don't attempt to acquire the logical map of the dungeons the same as a definite floor plan of the cave/dungeon/building.

I agree the double staircase, however in reality that is able to only be a function of the size of the building in a technique. I mean, if you be appropriate double staircase possibly will complain all the way up the ladder of n +1, in the end the argument that you cannot run in the logical design of Heathrow Airport. The map in the corner is just a simple representation of what the rooms have been explored / explored, and where they lead. It is not intended to be exhaustive.

I'm still not clear with my complaints. Sorry about that. I am Russian, and even in Russia I have some problems with the explanation of my thoughts. Let me try again, the classification of my complaint. I am acquainted with that "mini map" in the corner is actually the graph. I just do not see reason for the graph. Why? It possibly will be a "real" map too! In fact, most maps of dungeons are the same graphics.

"One-way" chart through itself is in addition artificial. There aren’t whichever buildings, apart from simplest ones, that haven't actual loops, twice staircases, clandestine (idle) doors, several doorway/exits etc. however yes, it is able to wait. It possibly will be realized into long-time perspective - or not. It would be a misfortune; however I am able to live through it.

Let all this buildings to be one-way just. Be that as it may then just difference of present diagram from real delineates this "autosorting" of all things. Be that as it may is this vital? Positively? For me, it just makes unnecessary level of artificialness. That, in turn, breaks suspension of disbelief to some extent. However also, well, makes some disorder as well. In addition it gives absolutely out-of-place possibility to get to most extreme amaze basically selecting rightmost exit. Precognition, I suppose. Is there a different explanation to have "sorted" guide? All constructing maps are "giving way", signifying said "pyramid" plan. Room of 6 units can advance just to room of 6<=cells and have juncture just to max. 6 rooms. Each one (assuming that it’s something greater than one) will be at max 5 units, and whatnot. Near the finale, 1-unit room can just extend to the same room or close the chain.

All complaints are extremely applicable, and that forever bothered me a bit rate however using the graphic display saves an huge amount of space, particularly in favor of larger buildings / caves. I am able to live through that, however is kind of silly at times through the "up" stairs and ladders "down" mutually go in the similar direction on top of the map.

I like the same graph, but not always drawn properly for me. I had rooms above me on the map to basements, stairwells down, and even view the map as a grid layout sample is still a little confusing.