Thread: Does Overworld map travel is easy in A Valley Without Wind

Does Overworld map travel is easy in A Valley Without Wind

The game basically lets you travel to any tile (Ocean Sans, I'll get to a point), provided that its level is less than or equal to its level of civilization 10. This is, perhaps, too lenient? In a "realistic" point of view, how I can float magically over the land infested with monsters? I know the game had previously windstorms that automatically come off of platforms in sight after taking a number of measures, unless it ended in a wind shelter. That has been eliminated, I think rightly, because there seems to add much to the game. But I think the game is too far in the other direction now, which lets you go anywhere you want within the limits of their level.

Re: Does Overworld map travel is easy in A Valley Without Wind

The only variety (that I know so far) is the tiles of the ocean, which always come out ahead as you stand on them. That builds them dangerous, and somewhat to be shun at all costs now. I am thinking this might be a few dangers which could be affixed to a normal trip. One idea would be to utilize an RPG-esque system of random encounter, which could have a small percentage chance that an area was reduced when traveling in it, if you are above your level. As changes in the level to go higher, the possibility could increase to the point where I could not go further. Before pulling up only the preacher, who wanted to see if it was even an interesting idea for someone else, or if people like completely free movement in the world map as it stands now, or had any other ideas for world map to travel more interesting.

At this point the game's Overworld has no way to play a lot, it's just a way to get from point A to point B. Easy and simple, but without any risk or trouble there is not much room for fun either. The Overworld Zelda II, for instance, had random wandering monsters which may emerge on its way and simply putting to allocate more of a walking exercise.

I think this has much merit. I know why I cannot stand Baldur's Gate is all over the foot with nothing to do with it. Now, AVWW has almost the same amount of walking and BG else has, but, not that that invalidates your point. Now, while I agree with you in principle, I notice a few troubles, the first - what random encounter? Do we actually necessity more microbosses just arbitrarily thrown at us? A clear enemy-jane? Then we can draw the map for somewhat that gives us even XP.

Random encounters of the world map is something I had thought about suggesting, and, although generally dislike random encounters, because the feeling of impunity to walk around the world-class status mood ruined for me. Unfortunately, the question about what you would find something puzzled me, microbosses, besides being repetitive grinding kind of encouraging, the best we could get to it instead of random encounters are random events, so maybe Once you get caught in a rhino stampede, or an attack on some of the survivors scattered, or simply a snowstorm so a wind storm that spawning time in a building. To the comment about many annoying random encounters I think the obvious suggestion is that the roads to stop them to travel through the road network are essentially the same method of travel.

I would say that you can use a scale of opportunity to meet, on the basis of the variation in level. So if I'm level 5 to level 6 chips, perhaps only a probability of 5%. That could go up to 5% with each difference between me and the tile that I am standing, so that while I get up to a level of 15 tiles, 10 levels over me, there is a 50% attack, if I step on that. Windstorms could go thus far as to twice the complexity, so that a tile of level 10 with a wind storm is always going to pull in. This also means that the chips equal or lower rank that you can always travel over them without any danger, so once you approach the solution should not be running in meaningless random encounters.

As far as retiring, I was just assuming you could get pulled into the world in lateral view of the chip and randomly placed somewhere within the first sections of the area. (I'm forgetting jargon here, area, region, block, etc. so this can be a bit vague) Although the idea that rarely threw in a small area with a micro-manager that is quite interesting, so.