Thread: Why spell tiers at all in A Valley without Wind

Why spell tiers at all in A Valley without Wind

Hello friends, I'm just the level of civilization 13, so I have much exp in this game. Feel free to correct me if my question seems silly or overlooked something. If I understand the last patch, you can find new spellgems level every 10 levels. My suggestion is simple: why not increases spell power by 10? For example, a level 20 spells (located on level 20 pieces) would correspond to the current level 2 spell. But now might be a kind of "continuous" progress, with level 13 at level 13 spellgems piece (equivalent to the level of 1.3), and so on. The mathematics behind this would not be much more complex than today, and could get rid of the steps completely. I think the game would be more rational, just need to find higher level gems as you go, but the differences would be much lower than the current system. So what you think about it. Thank you.

Re: Why spell tiers at all in A Valley without Wind

I love as a motivator for exploration. Why explore the caves to collect gems for example if you have no real reason to do so? "Explore-> Power-> next fight at head" seems to be the current formula. Have your spells affect level car that formula.

If you had the spelling gems all levels, which would never have a full load out. As leaders killed in the way of the veins of gems, which would level up and all spells get worse, and you only have the last few at maximum power. As it is now, you can go on expeditions to get some of the 6 gems, and then do not worry about that again for a while.

I love as a motivator for exploration. Why explore the caves to collect gems for example if you have no real reason to do so? "Explore-> Power-> next fight at head" seems to be the current formula. Have your spells affect level car that formula.
    I did not suggest leveling spell. You will find in caves gem spells exactly like the current system, unless you find gem spell level mandrel level N (roughly equivalent to the current gem spell int level (N/10)).

If you had the spelling gems all levels, which would never have a full load out. As leaders killed in the way of the veins of gems, which would level up and all spells get worse, and you only have the last few at maximum power. As it is now, you can go on expeditions to get some of the 6 gems, and then do not worry about that again for a while.
    I do not see how a spell level 1.3 could be worse than having a spell level 1 and level 10 waiting to be able to update. Under the current system, also spells get worse as you level. Or am I wrong?

This proposal would spell half of current levels. It could be worse, but probably a little better. And the leveling spell power to be smoother.

I like the tires to encourage exploration levels, but I think it needs some adjustments. Spell Balancing half a level (level 5, 15, 25, etc) to help that. So if you were to find a gem of a level 2 to level 10, which would have a bit of an easier time than normal until it is balanced at level 15, with more and more weak as it gets closer to 20. Perhaps this is the case, but it feels a little punishment at this time because if you are working in the settlement of all, you are leveling very quickly due to the simple defense of his rampaging monsters agreement and is not time dedicated in the field collecting gems replacement. I understand that is intended to be a balancing act between the strength of their agreement and go for field goals, but right now I feel somewhat punished for working in my shop at all (especially the construction of 200 units time to time for some buildings, and that translates into 3 or 4 groups of rampaging monsters).

I saw the direction away from the last 5 levels at equilibrium, as it would be a constant battle update. But now that I am pushing the end of a cycle of level 10 in my civilization, I can see how problematic it can be. Once you get around level 7 or 8 of its 10-level cycle, which will be the use of spells that are mostly obsolete and almost completely relying on their own built-in spell power to do harm. And yet you're not really strong enough to go to the caves that are 3 or 4 levels above you and dig in search of gems. I'm not completely sure what to do here, but you need three shots of ball lightning to kill espers is receiving older...

I just started a new world of 0521, but has not been fun so far, the lack of updates of jewelry until you can deal with level 10 it gives me very little to do (and potions MkI not worth it, either to garbage, and so little to heal, no matter what scanning does not give you XP). Above all, I have been rectified rampaging monsters to get my level to something useful. With ribbon jewel least I've always had a viable target at all.

I also started a new game and have no problem I had fun slower progression and not feeling rushed. I guess it depends on each individual player what his personal preference is the rhythm.