Thread: Future expectations for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Future expectations for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

So what you all expecting from this game in after release? I know game is released so that’s why I just started this thread and need to know about your expectations about the game. If I talk about me that, Kerberos issues get sorted, I imagine the problems we had yesterday have thrown a little, but some outstanding issues will be sorted as a priority. People have asked what we can expect in the way of compensation for the troubles experienced during the launch day. If the original game is no sign that support will persist for the game for 5 years (there is at a standstill a FREE update entry for the original game), and Kerberos has a proven record of adding new content for free, including meetings at random, original, and I suspect we will see the same with SOT.

Re: Future expectations for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

I agree with this. I think that without the false start of the protest is not quite what it is. Most problems with gambling problems are most games ahead of the release. Kerberos and financing needs money to survive. So there is no guarantee this game will be supported throughout term.MOO3 only a patch.

I do not think it a minor trouble that I have no idea what any of the components of the ship to do because there are no tooltips to give details. I do not think it a minor issue that the attempt to slot in in combat is boring or ineffective, or both. I do not consider it less important than the game occasionally throws with no text on any menu options. These do not seem to be the kind of errors in a product is released. These errors seem to beta - early beta errors. The game, as it is, is "playable" as well as a toy with lights and sound that has been submerged under water and came on several occasions is "playable".

The current state of the game is completely unacceptable, and apparently for the moment, that Kerberos has been lying about the state of the game up to now. I know you have a great history of supporting Sots1, and I for myself think the game went from middling to be one of the best global strategy games ever made. That does not make this better, and I want people to stop telling people to calm down. I want to know how you can mess things up much.

I am an old fan of Kerberos, and sustain them throughout the day yesterday. But I am as well a long time PC gamer and this type of release is 80% of the time the developer having money troubles. A developer without money troubles tells an editor to push while you are losing the incorrect release date and just moves the release date. Usually only those developers who are in serious financial trouble just release any old rubbish they have to, because they need money to keep paying people. Still I have faith in the idea that Kerberos fix the game, but neither would be extremely surprised if this game gets terrible reviews, sold poorly and they need to lay off most of its staff next month.

When I pre-ordered this, I was expecting a good pitch, and once again I'm stuck with something that "requires a few more weeks of patches to shine." Last game p'dox reported to be pre-ordered HoI3 I can say: Damn. Just put off the release, and that is to guilt here, is to blame, either kerberos or p'dox or both. In this case, Kerberos hope that fixes the game, and join the cheerful "sell some content patches and call it expansion" that seems to be increasingly popular these days. And I think their view is seriously deformed. There are a thousand times in annoyance and shock the world on things here. It is not just "gamers" but consumers, product and service. This is giving us a great amount of money for somewhat and not does as assured. We have every right to be angry. You have every right to be happy with what you have, however, and if so, accessories for your friend! But do not go around putting the rest of us for not being satisfied with a third-class service.

What is Kerberos has made a great effort to ease my own concerns. Half of the reason that pre-order was for all the effort I've seen them in SotS1. Either way, I cannot play and he knew it would not be able to months ago. I have Windows XP, but still wanted the support of preorder.