Thread: Minimum spec requirements for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Minimum spec requirements for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

How is it possible to arrive, while the game is still playable (in the hope that someone in the beta or have read / found more on the official forums might be able to weigh here). In the next few words will have a chance to run the game (min graphics settings at least) while maintaining a playable fps;

GeForce 8400 GS
    Core Duo 6400 2.13GHz
    2GB RAM
    Vista 32bit

From what I can say (at least the specifications vapor), which needs only the DX10 (I have) and the rest of the specifications meets - but without proof or evidence of technology demonstration (that I know) is their way to test for sure.

Re: Minimum spec requirements for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

That video card was considered low-end 2007. Defs going to have to download all the graphics options. 2 gigs of RAM is to be feared too - recommended is 6 concerts. Sots 2 is actually a very advanced game graphics wise as one of the few that requires DirectX 10. You can get it going but it will not be pretty. Such is the pain that all PC gamers should have, obsolete hardware.

Starcraft II and Dawn of War II run around min. I was there a better card, but unfortunately was killed (I suspect it overheats) and I had to go down to the cheapest thing I could get that would still have a video output slot in it. Been reading everything and looks set to be a show - but will not be released until a few weeks after the game itself.

I have a system that has created quite similar (AMD 4800@2.8GHz / 8600 GT / 4GB) however, you can run a game like X3 graphics quite well with nearly half rose or a little more (perhaps less in the hectic situations / systems). Since Sots 2 X3 is much like the graphics I guess you can expect the same from both parties as to what type of system can run a "pretty decent". Because when you're just on the edge of the min-spec as it helps to have some claim that their specifications will be sufficient to operate without massive lag / slowdown when running the game.

X3 is DirectX 8-9 game from 2005. SotS2 comes from 6 years and two major subsequent revisions of DirectX. Comparing SotS2 and X3 in terms of performance necessities or system does not make any sense. Suggested specifications for X3 are well under the minimum specifications for SotS2.

RAM costs about $ 10/GB now. If you can afford SotS2 can afford to upgrade the RAM. If you do, everything works much faster, especially SotS2. Your GPU could literally be the absolute worst on the market that meets the minimum requirements (512MB/DX10) but I'm sure I have to say that the replacement of which will make a big difference in game performance. But - you meet the minimum standards only, so the game will definitely be played with minimal configuration and low-ish resolution, but 'play' I mean 'do not fall, "no" image per second without problems. "Late fleet battles game will probably make your system to its knees, to be realistic.

Yes OP is correct and even your system is much better than others. Your CPU is a little faster, you have twice the RAM and graphics card is about two times faster than him. The CPU is not a big difference, but the differences GPU and RAM is absolutely huge, and those are the two things that people worry about in terms of the others be able to run half decently SotS2.