Thread: Is it true that Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter based on scientific process

Is it true that Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter based on scientific process

This process is said to be the basis for the name of "Lord of Winter" for the Suul'ka. There is just one small trouble; the water does not freeze in a vacuum! Actually, it turns to gas, as opposite to popular belief, space is cold, in fact, the space is empty, and therefore does not have the temperature throughout. There is an easy way out through! Just that in its place of cold water in space, which is iced up as of the trip through the atmosphere, which is actually rather cold, is obviously not thaw one time it reaches orbit, so I continue to destroy everything can happen! Anyone have any idea about this?

Re: Is it true that Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter based on scientific process

They do not travel, however, that teleport. Moreover, the space is really cool, although I agree that the water should freeze instantly. But I have the impression of "Lords of Winter" is based on the name of which is "mind of winter" (cold / ruthless / control).

Re: Is it true that Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter based on scientific process

Space is a type of cold in the sense that the some particles that move gradually / little energy, but they are so few atoms that do not truly feel cold were to take a spacewalk without a suit, mainly because the blood the vessels pop in a few seconds, but that's another story. As teleport, fair enough. I guess the freezing may be a side effect of that too and yes, I know that are called by its "cold" mind, but the whole realm of ice adds a nice bit of symbolism, with the revival and all .

Not even that. Most of the studies I have seen indicate that a person could survive a minute if you try anything silly like holding your breath, though it would be unconscious fairly quickly and want some very serious medical attention later. As the temperature is more likely to burn to death if you're in the shade. Radiation is a very inefficient way to heat release. Combined with low pressure, and could actually see the area to vaporize the water instead of freezing. This could be an even more brilliant Liir enter an area emerge first as a frozen fish finger.

The water would evaporate because there is nothing to hold them together, unless technology makes some Suul'ka luxury of doing that on purpose, it has nothing to do with heat, though. That said, in the space environment are not unhelpful and the ozone layer to protect all the radiation and dust high speed and other small pieces flying around, causing serious damage to an unprotected human being .

In fact, because of the massive size of the Suul'ka probably generate some gravity so that water cannot escape before it freezes. In fact, only have to move large amounts of water there. Outer layers are likely to evaporate, but because it needs a lot of energy to change shape as the rest is frozen in the absence of external pressure spray force. There are plenty of ice asteroids.

The solution is very simple. All you necessitate to do is flash to freeze the water moving in orbit. When an object moves from inside a severity well to the orbit, we get a lot of potential and kinetic energy. That energy has to come from somewhere. The solution is: The energy gained by the water that is transported into orbit is to reduce its temperature. At a guess, you're looking at a drop of ~ 5 Kelvin per kilometer in height. Things get really cold really fast at that speed.

kinzamalik01 Guest

the story of this game has inspired me so much and i am the big fan of this game so thanks you share it with us in this forum