Thread: Favorite races in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Favorite races in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Anyone have any idea about the races of the Sword of the Stars II: Lords of winter? What are the careers that you like most about this game? What are your favorite races in this game? My favorite races are: Tarkas have the best fights, Liir, and best of the investigation. So what are yours?

Re: Favorite races in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

I love technology, but actually do not like their propensity to explode quite rapidly. I have had games like Hivers where I mislaid no ship at all, even the scouts, as they frequently have no expeditions, individual ships.

Liir ships tend to be fragile, mainly in comparison with the Hivers. On the other hand, the technology can do for you - you generally get good technical rolls in the armor, not to mention shields and such. And with good weapon technicians, Liir can also function as a "glass cannon" - that can not last long, but it hurt a lot before going down. I know because I've been on both sides - I've played as Hivers Liir front Hivers as Liir front, and if you play the careers of its strengths, is fairly balanced. In fact, this is one of the beauties of Sots - even though the races are different and play differently, remains a very balanced game in general. Each race has its strengths and weaknesses, and it's up to you to use them well.

I bought all the expansions SOT is the thing off. I looked at the tutorials, so I have no idea of my favorite races, however, however, as I am a defensive player, and research, I think I'll like the Hivers and liirs, but things are in the water so cool.

I would recommend the Tarkas - which are the most "normal" of all races so far, this game. Choose another race for his second game (or Morrigi Liir would ease the transition of Tarkas, Terran also, even though node lines can be confusing at first), just remember that Hivers and Zuul are the most dissimilar to play (actually, playing as Zuul needs a totally dissimilar mindset).

Do not forget to ships under HP, the mechanic of space travel and diplomacy really bad shit (a very hate the Zuul). They are easy to run (as Hivers), but playing them can be very rewarding and fun at times (must be in good humor).

The Zuul require a fine touch. His inability to trade punches and over-exploitation (at least makes the objectives of their worlds less tempting for AI), but its economic advantage is large enough to take slaves, not to mention its cheap ships, heavily armed. In addition, ACM mod makes so they can be reflected and what other kind is called vanilla, at the same time. And not to mention cannon shot node is almost killed. Today, however, I'm having fun with the mod morrigi acm, but usually plays as tarkas or humans (humans vanilla with huge sections of Styrofoam motor, however, return receipt requested) .

I'm playing the Liir in my first game in easy. I put a random universe and have an hourglass. I am angry with the investigation, but now I'm having a great enemy at the end of the game (miss just how different species now) and I do not know if I'm going to resist this enemy. I did not expand much; I will say that they have stars 15-20.

The great enemy that I have not knows what species it is. When the scene of the battle of load appears to have a polygonal gray ship with a red semi-circle (AI robotic systems is that?). I do not know what kind it is. They are called "Knights." About this, sometimes I do not know what species are. I have "things translate" high-tech humans and morrigi tarkas, but you can only negotiate with Tarkan. In addition, there is a kind of attack Silico Queen appointed me, I think are the Zuul. My problem is, as a rookie, I do not know what species are. I also found things like "swarms" of systems to explore (Queen Silico is used too) and "spectrals" galaxy as things. How I can know what kind is the sort of opposition / thing?

At first I thought that what they were talking about was the supervisor of the maintenance of peace, a great threat (there are three, only appear after around 100 and only get one, thank God), but I think we're talking about the AI rebellion . Basically it could, while someone was researching AI technology rebelled against him and formed a faction (a faction very creepy). All boats have sections AI command and as a result fire very quickly and very accurately (this is usually very expensive to make, if you were building AI Command sections).

Zuul are quite reasonable if they are incredibly aggressive, as they are, and galaxies are full enough to achieve a goal rather quickly. Beginning of the game can build credibility Zuul DDs fight for less than 10k. Of course pop like soap bubbles, but you can lose 2 or 3 for every loss the enemy shot and still come out yet. (DD swarm phase occurs before the trade makes the economy as relatively weak Zuul.) Tech requirements are effectively a small hill decent weapon.