Thread: FPS drops suddenly while playing Dungeon Defenders

FPS drops suddenly while playing Dungeon Defenders

The title says it all, I don’t know what is the problem with he game or with the connection? I am not able to understand anything at all. Since the day I had got the game I was able to play only once and nothing else. Whenever I try to play this game, both locally and online, the FPS dropped abruptly and I cannot play.

I have checked on all the drivers of the game and everything is updated and even my config is quite good then also there is some problem with the fps. If you all have some suggestions to give apart from telling to change the config then do let me know about it as soon as possible that will be much better for me that’s what I can say here.

As of now I have tried everything that I could have but nothing is going my side will appreciate some help from you on the same.

Re: FPS drops suddenly while playing Dungeon Defenders

Why don’t you try and reinstall the driver of your graphic card. Yes I know this must be in your books but recently many of my friends had the same problem with the high graphical stuff games like battlefield and dead island as well. So a simple reinstallation of the drivers worked fine and the game ran completely well with a good fps rate. So I would advise you to have a check with the drivers and if possible do reinstall it, that’s what you should be doing for sure. Do work on the same and let me know if that was useful for you, that’s it from my side for you.

I know it is a old solution but what’s the harm in giving a try for the said problem, I am sure it will be useful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusN View Post
    Why don’t you try and reinstall the driver of your graphic card. Yes I know this must be in your books but recently many of my friends had the same problem with the high graphical stuff games like battlefield and dead island as well. So a simple reinstallation of the drivers worked fine and the game ran completely well with a good fps rate. So I would advise you to have a check with the drivers and if possible do reinstall it, that’s what you should be doing for sure. Do work on the same and let me know if that was useful for you, that’s it from my side for you.

I know it is a old solution but what’s the harm in giving a try for the said problem, I am sure it will be useful for you.
    Ok thanks for telling me that in fact I had tried that yes it works to some extent and when I restart my system it again comes to the normal level, that’s what I am saying here. So no use of trying out with the method that’s what I want to say here. So if you all have any other methods for me then do share it with me as soon as possible.

Why don’t you have a check with the some patch that has been released recently for the game I think so you all should have a look at the same the latest one that has been released recently is the version 7.05. so everyone should go ahead and have a look at the same.

Do download the patch for the game and see if the same thing happens with that or not, so that’s what I am saying here. Do have a good look at the same, I cant say with the assurity that your problem will be solved after that patch but yes that’s a small suggestion from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MinkaM View Post
    Why don’t you have a check with the some patch that has been released recently for the game I think so you all should have a look at the same the latest one that has been released recently is the version 7.05. so everyone should go ahead and have a look at the same.

Do download the patch for the game and see if the same thing happens with that or not, so that’s what I am saying here. Do have a good look at the same, I cant say with the assurity that your problem will be solved after that patch but yes that’s a small suggestion from my side for you.
    Yes dude I have the latest patch that is available for the game so no need to worry about the same that’s what I am saying here, so hope you all did understand what I am saying here, that’s what I want to say here.

The patch hasn’t fixed any of my problem at all, it was a neutral thing for me since after the installation I could not fid any changes at all, that’s what I can say here. I did even have a chat with the developers about the same and did ask some confirmation from them about some latest patch and even they did not have any idea about the same that’s what I have heard of.

Why don’t you turn the graphical settings to low and see if you are getting some good fps count there I know that is a bit silly solution but to get some good fps count you will have to make that necessary changes for sure to implement it that’s what I can say here, so do make the necessary changes as I have said here and let me know if that was of any good use for you, that’s it from my side for you.

You know what I would have appreciated you if the game did had that settings. There is no graphic settings options to keep the graphic level high, medium or low. They have taken a lot of shortcuts in the game in terms of graphics like projected textures like the spawn aura invulnerability marker. The cartoonish graphics will make you all think that why does the game need any good graphics for the same? No it is not like that it needs good graphic card for example if you look at the huge carnage in tower defense kind of game with the low fps rate such as 5-10 fps. It is of no use at all. In fact all fun is gone and we are here sitting with the game that does not offer anything at all.

I am having a 570 GTX 1 GB graphic card in my system and still the problem is that only this game does not work well with it the rest of the game works fine.

Till the menu options it works good and as soon as I enter the tavern it becomes unplayable. That’s what the problem is. Anyways whats your take on the same. Waiting for the response from you all on the same, do reply accordingly over here.

I have submitted a detailed log report to the developers about the game and waiting for them to respond accordingly, which I suppose they will not do that but still I am keeping a hope that they will turn out to me and say that is the actual solution, so that’s what I am hoping for don’t know if that will work out for me or not, that’s a different thing but giving a try is our priority.

My game is running properly in my steam server and it is quite effectively working out here for me so I am very happy with the way the game is shaping up. It will turn out to be a one good event for me that’s what I can say.

Well as such there is nothing which I can suggest here but I would say that if you all are playing in trendsnet then have a check with the host server as it is said there is some problem on their server end, so I would say that better have check about the same that’s what I can say here. So do watch out for the same a small suggestion from my side.

I would advise you to check out this Link. Possibly you will be getting the proper information there and there also it is mentioned that you have to uninstall the asus driver, so give a try for the same.